there must be thirteen ways to truly be open

Christian Crumlish

Aug 10, 2009, 1:27:31 PM8/10/09
to open-web-in...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Nate Benes <na...@grapepudding.com> wrote:
I agree with Nathan, although PBWorks is convenient and a little lower maintenance; I think it is an important time for us to set the bar.  And I would also be willing to help maintain this part of the project.

+1 for open source wherever possible, and openness in every way feasible, etc.

+many for offering to help maintain this to back up your ideals with action.

a tangent related to our ideals and principles around being open: my colleague (ok, boss) Micah Laaker gave an interested talk at BayCHI on "thirteen different types of open" partly because conversations like this often contain unexamined assumptions about which level or aspect or mode of openness we're working on:

http://www.laaker.com/micah/blog/2009/open13

probably out of scope for "choose a wiki" but it's going to come up again and again in this context, I think, so I hope you find at least the list useful, if not the embedded slides as well.

-x-