W3C Social Web Incubator Group - Final Report - OWF

8 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Melvin Carvalho

ungelesen,
04.06.2010, 10:55:4104.06.10
an open-web...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

I'm helping to prepare a report for the W3C Social Web Incubator Group.

We've spoken to some of the members of the OWF on our various conference calls, and it been very informative.  I would like to include some text in the final report related to the OWF.

I was wondering if you might possibly be able to point me to:

1) A list of specs that fall under the OWF umbrella

2) Is there a list of upcoming specs that are likely to become part of OWF

3) I'd like to understand (preferably in laymans terms) the OWF license a little better.  In, particular perhaps points that differ between W3C licensing and OWF licensing.

I'm not a legal expert, but anything you can point me at, I'll try and make my way through, or pass on to someone with relevant knowledge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Melvin

David Rudin

ungelesen,
18.06.2010, 19:02:5318.06.10
an open-web-discuss, melvincarvalho
Melvin,

Let me try to address a few of your questions:

1) A list of specs that fall under the OWF umbrella
- There is a partial list here - http://wiki.openwebfoundation.org/Users_of_the_agreement, but I believe there are other specs as well.

2) Is there a list of upcoming specs that are likely to become part of OWF?
- I believe that Activity Streams is currently considering using the OWFa, but since the OWFa can be used by anyone without the Open Web Foundation's involvement, there is no way to know for sure what other specs will be using it.

3) I'd like to understand (preferably in laymans terms) the OWF license a little better.  In, particular perhaps points that differ between W3C licensing and OWF licensing.
- I'd be happy to discuss this if you'd like.  Let me know if you'd like to talk.

Thanks,

David

Melvin Carvalho

ungelesen,
20.06.2010, 23:35:3220.06.10
an David Rudin, open-web-discuss

2010/6/19 David Rudin <da...@rudin.us>

Melvin,

Let me try to address a few of your questions:

1) A list of specs that fall under the OWF umbrella
- There is a partial list here - http://wiki.openwebfoundation.org/Users_of_the_agreement, but I believe there are other specs as well.

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for.

2) Is there a list of upcoming specs that are likely to become part of OWF?
- I believe that Activity Streams is currently considering using the OWFa, but since the OWFa can be used by anyone without the Open Web Foundation's involvement, there is no way to know for sure what other specs will be using it.

Makes sense.  We've had a number of telecons (30+) with various project leads, inc. Chris Messina (activity streams) and some have talked about desire to license technology under OWFa.  So I think we have a good opportunity to piece that together.

3) I'd like to understand (preferably in laymans terms) the OWF license a little better.  In, particular perhaps points that differ between W3C licensing and OWF licensing.
- I'd be happy to discuss this if you'd like.  Let me know if you'd like to talk.

Many thanks for your kind offer! :)

Happy to do it any way you prefer.  Let me confer with Harry Halpin (SWXG chair, also co-authoring the section I'm working on) and get back to you.

Essentially looking for brief description (1-2 sentences) that will guide the reader to be able to find out more information about the OWF and OWF licencing.  So any appropriate links would help, though I'm discovering a few on the site already ...

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten