IIW new focus | early bird pricing ends

1 view

Kaliya *

Oct 4, 2010, 12:18:14 PM10/4/10
to open-web...@googlegroups.com, open-web-in...@googlegroups.com, open-data-...@googlegroups.com

HI Open Web Community,

I am writing to let you all know that IIW is just 4 weeks away November 2-4! http://www.internetidentityworkshop.com

Early bird pricing ends on Thursday at midnight (http://iiw11.eventbrite.com).

We listened to feedback from IIW attendees who missed the space it created to innovate and get work done - we agree with you.  Phil Windley wrote a post about the shift in September  during IIW-East in DC.   http://www.windley.com/archives/2010/09/changes_for_iiw.shtml

We can stand still and serve as a workshop for introducing newbies to Internet identity or we can move forward as the conversation shifts to the interesting questions that Internet identity brings up. We’re choosing the later path. IIW can’t serve both groups effectively and ultimately we’re rather be a smaller workshop closer to the “get your hands dirty” attitude that has characterized IIW from the start.

With this we have articulated 6 themes for the conference:

  • The Federated Social Web
  • The Personal Data Ecosystem (Personal Data Stores, Banks, Exchanges, Services)
  • User-Centric Identity applied (OpenID, OAuth, XRD, SAML, InfoCards, etc.)
  • Vendor Relationship Management
  • Active Clients (tools in the browser and other clients)
  • Identity in the Cloud

Personally I have been quiet this summer as my father was ill for 3 months and then passed away at the end of August. This meant I was less engaged in this and other communities then I would have otherwise.

This past month I have been working on the Personal Data Ecosystem http://www.personaldataecosystem.org. We are bringing together a community of projects, companies, NGO's and people working on the Personal Data Ecosystem and have launched the site to share and coordinate activity in that space.

Wondering what IIW is like - one good place to look is at the notes from the sessions  - http://iiw.idcommons.net/Notes_IIW10

You can see who is signed up so far on the registration page - http://iiw11.eventbrite.com

I am off to London today to run our first ever IIW outside of North America.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the event.

Regards,

-Kaliya

http://www.identitywoman.net

ps. Apologies for the cross posting it is a hazard when sharing the event with communities with significant overlap.