Article on Open Standards and Open Source

Lawrence Rosen

Feb 28, 2011, 11:53:08 AM2/28/11
to Lawrence Rosen

I'm attaching a reprint from the latest issue of Software Tech News, published by the US Department of Defense.

Some of you may have seen this article before. In it I mention Open Web Foundation, W3C, and Apache Software Foundation, among others, obviously without speaking for any of you.

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen

3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482

Cell: 707-478-8932

Article on Open Standards.pdf

Steve Repetti

Feb 28, 2011, 12:30:14 PM2/28/11
to open-web...@googlegroups.com

Nice!

Congrats!

--Steve Repetti

Daniel Chapman

Mar 1, 2011, 7:29:56 AM3/1/11
to open-web...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Article.

It's a shame that you almost need to be a lawyer these days in order to work in FOSS and Open Standards, and understand exactly what you can and can't do.

I am glad we have a few actual lawyers on our side though. Thanks for putting the topic into some nice clear language.