Leap2A Under OWFa

David Rudin

Feb 22, 2011, 5:12:12 PM2/22/11
to open-web-discuss
It looks like this has been out for a few months, but I just noticed that the Leap2A specification has been made available under the OWFa 0.9 by the University of Bolton and Pebble Learning. http://www.leapspecs.org/2010-07/2A/licence/

David

Simon Grant

Feb 22, 2011, 11:59:45 PM2/22/11
to open-web...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for noticing :-)

Yes, it was a conscious decision among a group of us that this was a good way to go, rather than hand-crafting something that would amount to much the same thing.

The main obstacle seems to be the fact that when you give this to a senior manager to sign, they often refer it to the in-house legal team, who then umm and ahh and in effect come back with "that's not the exact way we would put it" kind of thing, which of course justifies their existence. We were lucky in that we were able to persuade people to go with the sensible approach ;-)

Simon

On 22 February 2011 22:12, David Rudin <da...@rudin.us> wrote:
It looks like this has been out for a few months, but I just noticed that the Leap2A specification has been made available under the OWFa 0.9 by the University of Bolton and Pebble Learning. http://www.leapspecs.org/2010-07/2A/licence/

David

Simon Grant
+44 7710031657
http://www.simongrant.org/home.html