MovementCamp --- Coalition Movement Camp - 10-10-10 Work Party

Michael Maranda

Oct 3, 2010, 11:40:00 PM10/3/10
to open-sustainability-network
So, a week away is Movement Camp -- we're taking the Coalition of the
Willing's film as a starting point for a conversation on the sort of
information-action ecology we want, and how to get there.
http://www.coalitionblog.org/2010/09/coalition-movement-camp-1010-10-work-party/

I view this event in the tradition of the Open Sustainability Network
gathering two years back.

The Coalition's film and blog address the Climate Action community,
however the film spoke to me as someone more generally concerned for
the information-action ecology needed by the social benefit sector
broadly speaking (and for humanity's higher purposes if I want to wax
philosophic).

The event is online -- all are welcome. And all are invited to
participate -- pre-recorded video content - self-introductions,
statements, questions - are welcome. We also welcome suggested topics
and invite folks to step up to facilitate a session.

We will have some live-video content, some pre-recorded, and lots of
chat and discussion.

I'm camped in #movementcamp on freenode irc.

We'll be using MovementCamp.org as a staging ground for the
conversation.

Watch the film if you haven't -- it's only 15 minutes long and tells a
good story.

Check out the blog - especially our statement on Open Stewardship.
This statement is the fruit of many years effort on my part. I am
rather proud of it. The Coalition (and a few other groups) have
adopted it as a operating philosophy. (Something to live up to at any
rate.) http://www.coalitionblog.org/2010/09/stewardship-and-open-culture/

I'll keep this short as I'm coming down with something and need to get
the word out to several other groups!

Respectfully,

Michael Maranda