12kw steam powered solar concentrator

jamie clarke

Dec 2, 2011, 12:44:14 PM12/2/11
to ose-e...@googlegroups.com, open-sou...@googlegroups.com
Don't know if they are getting 12kw out of this design but can we replicate or improve upon this as a benchmark.

Max Kennedy

Dec 2, 2011, 1:16:12 PM12/2/11
to open-sou...@googlegroups.com
Is there supposed to be a link or diagram with this?

Max

--
It can be done

jamie clarke

Dec 2, 2011, 1:21:50 PM12/2/11
to open-sou...@googlegroups.com

Dorkmo

Dec 3, 2011, 2:40:25 AM12/3/11
to Open Source Steam
speaking of solar. thad and i are going to use some old satellite
dishes and stick mirrors on and hopefully figure a way to link them in
parallel. also guna try for somedort of arduino sun tracking. perhaps
hydraulic pistons involved not sure yet.

On Dec 2, 12:21 pm, jamie clarke <jamieclarke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvAL7ty53M&feature=related
>
> Whoops
>

> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM, Max Kennedy <mekennedy1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there supposed to be a link or diagram with this?
>
> > Max

Broken Sidewalk Farm

Dec 3, 2011, 11:22:14 PM12/3/11
to Open Source Steam
Been kicking around various ways of tracking the sun since day 1 of
BSF. Found this along my searches:

Sun Tracking Solar Panel w/ Arduino
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnnMFO60y8

Then I was stuck with, "How do I turn an entire solar unit (whatever
it may be) around at the end of the day ready for the morning without
sucking down all my power?"

Best idea I've been able to come up with is a spring & ratchet system
(still trying to learn mechanical engineering so I can actually CAD
something up) that works something like this:

Sprinkler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6g7OSvI5GQ

ttyl,
-thad

Broken Sidewalk Farm

Dec 4, 2011, 12:18:39 AM12/4/11
to Open Source Steam
Also, other things to check:

Solar "Death Ray": Power of 5000 suns!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtzRAjW6KO0

SOLAR DEATH RAY WATER aqua lens with 1/3 Kilowatt Heat Energy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeSyHgO5fmQ

ttyl,
-thad

On Dec 3, 10:22 pm, Broken Sidewalk Farm

<brokensidewalkf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Been kicking around various ways of tracking the sun since day 1 of
> BSF. Found this along my searches:
>

> Sun Tracking Solar Panel w/ Arduinohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnnMFO60y8

> Then I was stuck with, "How do I turn an entire solar unit (whatever
> it may be) around at the end of the day ready for the morning without
> sucking down all my power?"
>
> Best idea I've been able to come up with is a spring & ratchet system
> (still trying to learn mechanical engineering so I can actually CAD
> something up) that works something like this:
>

> Sprinklerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6g7OSvI5GQ

Daniel Connell

Dec 4, 2011, 4:21:23 AM12/4/11
to open-sou...@googlegroups.com
Last two years I've been developing an open source non electrical solar tracking system:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SolarflowerOrg

I'm most of the way through the tutorials, but might be a month or two before I can find the time to finish them completely.

Doesn't yet have a return mechanism, but I've an ide on how to do so if someone wants to try it...

Josh Jordan

Dec 4, 2011, 10:10:36 AM12/4/11
to open-sou...@googlegroups.com
Greenpowerscience.com built a heliostat out of a worm gear and simple timer.  Theres a video of it somewhere.