OSM Upcoming Elections - Step 1 - Term Extensions

62 views
Skip to first unread message

Alice Grevet

unread,
Jan 11, 2012, 9:17:40 AM1/11/12
to open-source-m...@googlegroups.com
Dear OSM Members,

To get the ball rolling on the upcoming election process, this email aims to explore with those OSM members whose terms are ending in a few weeks, the subject of term extensions. Reading this page may be helpful for some information on the nominations process: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1331-osm-nomination-and-election-process.html

The members with terms ending soon are: Jacques, Robert, Ryan, Javier and James. 

If your term is ending, and you feel that you have unfinished goals and a contribution to make for which you have unique skills, and extending your term for another year would allow you to complete those goals effectively, please respond to this thread with a brief outline of your vision.

A proposed timeline for this and the following steps of the election process could look like this:

1) Determination of renewal or extension of any terms (to be finalized prior to Feb. Board meeting)
2) OSM requests via motion that the COC extend those terms
3) Board officer elections (at the February board meeting)
4) General OSM Board elections in April, according to this draft election process: http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1331-osm-nomination-and-election-process.html

Best regards,
Alice Grevet
OSM Asst. Secretary

Javier Gomez

unread,
Jan 12, 2012, 11:20:14 AM1/12/12
to open-source-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As you might now my main aim being part of this board has been to work in the inclusion and integration of the non-English-native-speakers community into the project. Mainly because there are amazing  developers, testers, designers... out there. I will love to see all of them finding easy mechanisms to participate in the global project.

In this two years being an active part of the Joomla project I have seen with pleasure:
Of course those are not my successes, those are successes of the entire community. But I feel part of them with my one's bit.
 
There is always people that say that we are doing bad. But in my oppinion Joomla! has been always a project where you can participate and share your opinions. I invite those people that think: "we should change the way we do something" to join the working teams and make it happen. Anyway I have heard a lot of demands from the community that we really have to work on them. And we will, but at this very moment and thinking in this two years in OSM I feel very proud of the work that this board have done. And also for the work done of the entire leadership team. And also for the work done of every working team. And of course the work done of this amazing community. 

I think we did a great job but I'm sure we can do it better. This is why I want to communicate that I would like to extend my board membership. I have the time and the desire to continue my volunteer work serving this board. 
--
Javier Gomez
OpenSourceMatters
Part of the Joomla! Project
Providing a flexible platform for digital publishing and collaboration

Jacques Rentzke

unread,
Jan 31, 2012, 7:03:26 AM1/31/12
to open-source-m...@googlegroups.com
hi all

I've given the matter a lot of thought, and consulted with a number of
people who's opinions I value and trust.

I believe I still have a contribution to make to the Open Source Matters
(OSM) board, and the Joomla! Project.

Should the board and the Community Oversight Committee agree, I make
myself available to continue serving on the OSM board.


The tasks I would like to help complete are:
- The full implementation of the new Helpdesk software, and integration
with other teams TM support requests.
- Expanding the Trademark team to divide responsibilities.
- Helping with the Trademark policy review, and implementation of any
resulting changes.
- Restructuring of our Trademark information to be more friendly and
easy to understand.
- Supporting Internationalization with a new OSM web site, and other
initiatives.
- Playing a supportive role in reaching the major goals that the OSM
board decides on for this year.

I make myself available, knowing that future restructuring of the
Joomla! Project Leadership (that would include OSM), may impact the
length of my term as Director of the board.

regards,

Jacques Rentzke
Secretary of the Board
Open Source Matters, Inc.

On 2012/01/12 06:20 PM, Javier Gomez wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> As you might now my main aim being part of this board has been to work
> in the inclusion and integration of the non-English-native-speakers
> community into the project. Mainly because there are amazing
> developers, testers, designers... out there. I will love to see all of
> them finding easy mechanisms to participate in the global project.
>
> In this two years being an active part of the Joomla project I have seen
> with pleasure:
>

> * Growing Joomla User Groups all over the world:
> http://community.joomla.org/user-groups.html.
> * More non-native English speakers joining the working teams.
> * Improving our transparency and communications with the community.


> And improving the way we listen the community feedback.

> * The multilingual feature in the core of the CMS:
> http://magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Nov-2011/item/593-Build-a-Multilingual-Site-in-Joomla-1-7
> * Joomla!Days and Joomla! events everywhere.
> * and many many others successes.


>
> Of course those are not my successes, those are successes of the entire
> community. But I feel part of them with my one's bit.
> There is always people that say that we are doing bad. But in my
> oppinion Joomla! has been always a project where you can participate and
> share your opinions. I invite those people that think: "we should change
> the way we do something" to join the working teams and make it happen.
> Anyway I have heard a lot of demands from the community that we really
> have to work on them. And we will, but at this very moment and thinking
> in this two years in OSM I feel very proud of the work that this board
> have done. And also for the work done of the entire leadership team. And
> also for the work done of every working team. And of course the work
> done of this amazing community.
>
> I think we did a great job but I'm sure we can do it better. This is why
> I want to communicate that I would like to extend my board membership. I
> have the time and the desire to continue my volunteer work serving this
> board.
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Alice Grevet
> <alice....@opensourcematters.org

> <mailto:alice....@opensourcematters.org>> wrote:
>
> Dear OSM Members,
>
> To get the ball rolling on the upcoming election process, this email
> aims to explore with those OSM members whose terms are ending in a
> few weeks, the subject of term extensions. Reading this page may be
> helpful for some information on the nominations process:
> http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1331-osm-nomination-and-election-process.html
>
> The members with terms ending soon are: Jacques, Robert, Ryan,
> Javier and James.
>
> If your term is ending, and you feel that you have unfinished goals
> and a contribution to make for which you have unique skills, and
> extending your term for another year would allow you to complete
> those goals effectively, please respond to this thread with a brief
> outline of your vision.
>
> A proposed timeline for this and the following steps of the election
> process could look like this:
>
> 1) Determination of renewal or extension of any terms (to be
> finalized prior to Feb. Board meeting)
> 2) OSM requests via motion that the COC extend those terms
> 3) Board officer elections (at the February board meeting)
> 4) General OSM Board elections in April, according to this draft
> election process:
> http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leadership/1331-osm-nomination-and-election-process.html
>
> Best regards,

Robert Deutz

unread,
Jan 31, 2012, 8:57:39 AM1/31/12
to open-source-m...@googlegroups.com
Hi OSM Board,

I would like to extend my board membership at least for one year to finish the work I have started. In the first line that is a successfully Joomla! World Conference and more support and visibility for Joomla! events. Furthermore I think we should extend our attendance on open source conferences or conferences where we can spread the word about the CMS we all love so much.

Cheers,
Robert

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages