New Install Fatal Error

Matt Miller

Jul 7, 2022, 11:21:59 PM7/7/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Just setting up a new install for a different agency. Using a laptop for them, and just downloaded the most recent available zip of Tickets from ticketscad.net (Tickets 331A_052819) and the most up-to-date version of XAMPP. Installed XAMPP, and followed instructions to create database. Closed XAMPP, unzipped files to C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets, restarted XAMPP, clicked start on Apache and MySQL, opened Google Chrome, typed in "http://localhost/tickets" got the expected notification at the top, clicked "install.php", entered the info as required on Page 4 of the instructions, clicked DO IT and I got a screen with the following error:

Installing 2.20 A base beta

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'tickets.action' doesn't exist in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php:408 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php(408): mysqli_query(Object(mysqli), 'SELECT COUNT(*)...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.func.php(247): mysql2i::mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Object(mysqli)) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(104): mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(134): table_exists('action', 1) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(1152): create_tables('') #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php on line 408

I've tried redoing the process, but to no avail, I run into the same issue.

Arnie Shore

Jul 8, 2022, 1:22:21 AM7/8/22
to Open Source CAD
Condolences to those involved.  But I suspect your XAMPP includes PHP version 8, a known problem.  Can find one with version 7 something?

David Russell

Jul 8, 2022, 9:02:13 AM7/8/22
to Open Source CAD
First uninstall XAMPP and your Tickets install.

Then download and install XAMPP for PHP 7.4.29 here: https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html

Then you should also install the latest version of Tickets from Sourceforge. 3.34 is the latest. https://sourceforge.net/projects/openises/files/

Matt Miller

Jul 8, 2022, 9:14:16 AM7/8/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
That took care of it, thank you!

Now if I can just get it to add units and get the incident screen to actually work we’ll be in good shape. Just needs more tinkering with this weekend.

Arnie Shore

Jul 8, 2022, 9:53:30 AM7/8/22
to Open Source CAD
All, the most recent Tickets CAD version is 3.4

It is available for download at https://sourceforge.net/projects/openises, as  tix3_4.zip.

It requires PHP version 7

AS