Emailing a Call and adding units

k0jsc...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2023, 2:41:22 PM9/11/23
to Open Source CAD
Hi,

This first one is more of an annoyance than a huge functionality issue.  When I send a call with the "email" button there aren't any carriage returns in the text so it's just one run on sentence.  Arnie had fixed this for me but I've slept since then and can't remember what he did.  Is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?

The second issue is adding units.  For some reason I can't submit a new unit as it's asking for a map location.  It doesn't matter where I click on the map, the location isn't being updated.

The third is that I filter my agencies access to the public internet so if they log in with maps enabled things really lag.  Do you have a list of domains that I can allow at the firewall or a way to have local maps?

Thanks for anyone who might have info.

K0JSC

Eric Osterberg

Sep 11, 2023, 10:36:52 PM9/11/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you share the version you have installed? If you click on config, you'll see the version and additional installation details on the right side.
Here's a screenshot:
image.png
For the email issue... I've had this issue pointed out to me, but have not looked into it. If you can find the fix, I'd love to get it implemented in the next version.

For the adding units issue... The API changed with the geocoding provider... The latest version on github has a fix for this.
The change was extremely simple:
image.png

It is possible to have local maps. You do lose a few other features like geocoding. I've also seen a race condition where if you have map tiles cached and then map another range, the calculation of min and max tile numbers will cause a race condition/error messages to be generated at a rate that will kill your hosts' available space quite quickly and the system will be unresponsive.
I'd recommend using your browsers debug tools to monitor network requests and you will find the URLs you need to allow.
image.png
image.png
The latest version is now compatible with newer supported versions of PHP. There's still some bugs to work out, but most functionality has been tested and working.
The newest version is available at: https://github.com/openises/tickets/releases

Eric Osterberg

Sep 11, 2023, 10:39:21 PM9/11/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
The second issue, not being able to update location... That might actually have been another patch.
Overall, I'm going to recommend updating your installation. There have been many miscellaneous fixes over the past 4 months.

Eric Osterberg

Sep 11, 2023, 10:41:20 PM9/11/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
This was likely the patch for being unable to update location:

k0jsc...@gmail.com

Sep 27, 2023, 12:16:23 PM9/27/23
to Open Source CAD
Sorry, thank you for the quick response!  Google Groups doesn't notify me of replies so I've missed them till now.  Here's a screencap of the version info. It sounds like my best option is to upgrade to the latest version I guess?

CAD.jpg

Eric Osterberg

Sep 27, 2023, 1:05:43 PM9/27/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com

k0jsc...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2024, 10:34:09 AMJan 11
to Open Source CAD

I tried the newest version and my database blew up so I've gone back to 3.4.  I have 6+ years of history in my DB that I don't want to lose so I guess I'll stay with this version.

Eric Osterberg

Jan 11, 2024, 4:36:46 PMJan 11
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
As there are bugs that have been fixed, and the ability to run with newer versions of PHP, (which contain security fixes), I would recommend troubleshooting to understand where your database problems lie. I have seen no reported problems with the database.

It should be fairly easy to take a backup of the data before you begin.

If you are not willing to update, We can't really provide support. There are issues that have been fixed.

k0jsc...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2024, 2:55:54 PMFeb 28
to Open Source CAD
As I said in my previous note I have more than 6 years of data at stake.  I backed up my database to be safe.  When I update to anything newer than 3.4 processor and ram usage skyrocket and the system becomes unusable.  As a test I created a brand new database and it works fine.  At this point what are my options?  I'm missing these replies as google groups isn't providing any notification when there is a reply.

Eric Osterberg

Feb 28, 2024, 3:06:39 PMFeb 28
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
The one time I experienced runaway CPU usage, and insanely growing error logs was related to offline maps being enabled and the cache of map tiles was missing at least one tile. It seems to be triggered by having selected more than one outline or area and then either interrupting the download, or later selecting another area for offline maps. It's been a few years, but that's what I recall finding.

Are you using offline maps?

Anyone else have other ideas?

As for Google Groups notifications, please login to groups.google.com. You can choose if you receive messages, daily, for each message, or none.
image.png

Eric Osterberg

Feb 28, 2024, 3:50:56 PMFeb 28
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
For anyone interested in exploring the run away CPU problem, I have captured this here: https://github.com/openises/tickets/issues/1

Jeff Carrier

Feb 29, 2024, 1:22:09 PMFeb 29
to Open Source CAD
I have verified that offline maps is not enabled, where else should I be looking?

Eric Osterberg

Feb 29, 2024, 2:49:23 PMFeb 29
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
A copy of any error logs from Apache, Information about what process is consuming resources.
Can you share a copy of your database privately?

Jeff Carrier

Feb 29, 2024, 3:00:20 PMFeb 29
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Let me see about logs.  As far as the database goes I can't share that as it contains patient and call information so I can't share it.