5 day status report from our new Tickets CAD project lead

Eric Osterberg - NØNKI

May 8, 2023, 5:57:14 PM5/8/23
to Open Source CAD
Hello All,

It's been 5 days now since the announcement that I'll be taking the lead on the Tickets CAD project. I wanted to share a status report with our community of users.

1) I've registered another domain name ticketscad.com to replace the previous .org domain name, which is now serving false warnings of malware, in an attempt to trick you into installing their 'security' tool, which is basically expensive snake oil.
If you see anywhere the .org URL, please reach out to the webmasters or contacts for those sites and help clean up the risk of spreading malware. That old domain only has value because these guys know there are links all over that can drive traffic to their malware business.

2) I've released an updated version 3.4A that addresses the traccar mysql integration as well as adds a user-agent string onto the open street map server tile requests which allow more servers to permit caching of map titles for offline use. Both of these patches had already existed on the GitHub account with the unknown owner.

3) We have official access and ownership over the GitHub account located at: https://github.com/openises  I'd like to extend a special thank you to the anonymous person who made this possible and for his support of the project.

4) I've identified 72 task items for the future of Tickets CAD. These are now listed at: https://github.com/orgs/openises/projects/1
I'd like to call on everyone here to review the list and consider helping out in some way. Lots of these tasks involve confirming bugs, or confirming the issue does not exist on your installation. We have other tasks that involve documenting the use of or the installation of the software. Many of you may have already done this in your organization for internal use. I beg of you to share your time and resources to give a little back to the project. Do you have any documents to share? Even if it's anonymous and requires we clean up what you have. It may be easier to start with your foundation.

5) We're in the process of recreating a GIT repository that recreates the history of the code. We've uncovered cases where it's likely patching verses a clean install would create different versions of the software. Once this timeline is built, you can use the visual tools in GitHub to view the history of the code and to understand the why and how of the incremental improvements that have been made.

Thank you everyone for your support. You are awesome and I appreciate you.

 -Eric Osterberg
Tickets CAD project Lead

irwin...@gmail.com

May 8, 2023, 8:31:10 PM5/8/23
to Open Source CAD
Hi All,

Just to give you all some background. I am a Sr. Security Engineer with a local government agency. I also run my own web hosting business. I donated to Arnie free web space for this project. This included mySQL and PHP. If we get a web site up and going again, I am more than happy to offer it to the project. My severs are co-located in Dallas, TX. I am more than willing to help any way I can. Sorry for the delay.

Best,

Billy L. Irwin - K9OH

Larry Mire

May 9, 2023, 10:53:44 AM5/9/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Good morning sir:

Any thoughts given to perhaps creating customizable images such as OVA's or VMDK for VMWare users when you get completed?

Larry Mire

Eric Osterberg

May 9, 2023, 11:22:29 AM5/9/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
It would be great to find a volunteer who can work this item. Thank you for the suggestion Larry.
I've added the request into the project planner at: https://github.com/orgs/openises/projects/1/views/1

 -Eric

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Richard Palm

Jun 1, 2023, 9:37:48 PM6/1/23
to Open Source CAD
Eric,

I Need Help.  Couldn't find an answer.

I want to use TicketsCAD with the local CERT/RACES units.

I download tix3_4.zip from "The Open ISES Project" on SourceForge.

I have installed TicketsCAD 3.4 on AREDN using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
Raspban Linux 10
Apache Webserver  Ver 2.4.38
MariaDB Database Server   Ver 10.3.38
        o 104 tables
PHP Version 7.3.31-1  deb 10us
Webmin  Ver 2.021

TicketsCAD runs with no errors
I was able to do the following:
Add GMaps API key
Create Area
Add 1 User
Add 2 Responders
Add 10 Facilities
and 1 Incident

All processes included a map on the right hand side.
All edits included a map on the right hand side except edit Units.

When trying to edit a location for a Unit, there is no map on the page and there isn't a way to select a new location.
Found no error messages in the logs.

Dick

Eric Osterberg

Jun 2, 2023, 12:21:41 PM6/2/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I have seen the same issue myself.
I have not hunted down the issue.  Anyone else have input? I'd be happy to update the repository if there's a fix available or additional documentation needed.

Richard Palm

Jun 2, 2023, 9:23:28 PM6/2/23
to Open Source CAD
Eric,

Thank you for your response.

I have written HTML programs with PHP.  Is there any documentation or flow charts for TicketsCAD?
It would be nice to add comments in the code.