map display and default map issues

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 8:46:16 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
I have done a clean install, and the map on the situation screen will not work at all. default map will not populate any value when I click on the eyeglass icon for search. map in the situation screen sometimes appears and disappears, when the map is showing, the map will show on the create new incident screen but will not update when an address is inputed in and the eyeglass icon is clicked. I've tried different php versions from 7.0 to 7.4 and still get the same result. I'm not sure if it's my hosting provider or a sett/file that's not configured correctly?Screenshot 2023-11-21 203600.pngScreenshot 2023-11-21 203416.pngScreenshot 2023-11-21 203530.pngScreenshot 2023-11-21 203727.png

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 10:43:19 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
tried a clean install on a local xampp and same result. but with right click inspect i get the error

Screenshot 2023-11-21 223933.png

Eric Osterberg

Nov 21, 2023, 10:50:56 PM11/21/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Are you getting the software from GitHub or SourceForge?  You might try the very latest 'pre'-release from https://github.com/openises/tickets/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 10:53:58 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
further looing into, I believe open streetmap may need to be updated how tix access

Screenshot 2023-11-21 225145.png

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 10:55:00 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
ive tried both from sourceforge. and github. latest version and previous versions

Eric Osterberg

Nov 21, 2023, 10:55:23 PM11/21/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I'm not able to work on this tonight, but this Google result is providing some leads.

Just seeing your next email and I believe that was already fixed. Try running the newest version.

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 10:56:21 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
from github or sourceforge

Eric Osterberg

Nov 21, 2023, 10:59:38 PM11/21/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com

On Tue, Nov 21, 2023 at 9:56 PM Ronald Jones <mike20...@gmail.com> wrote:
from github or sourceforge

Eric Osterberg

Nov 21, 2023, 11:14:26 PM11/21/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
From my search, this was already fixed. (Along with quite a few other unreported bugs.
Here's this specific fix:
image.png
Please grab the latest version.
GitHub is where the code is maintained and will always have the very newest version with every single change of any kind well itemized with Author, date, reason, etc.

Ronald Jones

Nov 21, 2023, 11:26:47 PM11/21/23
to Open Source CAD
okay, thank you. sourceforge isn't being used anymore? it working again but with inspect from web  browser still shows an error?Screenshot 2023-11-21 232444.png

Eric Osterberg

Nov 21, 2023, 11:41:00 PM11/21/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Contributions greatly appreciated, This is a fully open source community project. You can still find download packages on SourceForge, which was the original home for the project dating back ?15-20 years?  Unfortunately, sharing zip files, and merging changes by hand is tedious and software build processes have modernized over the past 20 years. GIT allows anyone to easily merge their own running system with the latest changes and also to share local customizations. If you hunt down a solution to the problems you find, I'd be happy to manage sharing those with the rest of the community and ensuring you no longer need to track the fixes as they will be merged with the main line code. SourceForge will often lag the GitHub pages by a few weeks to a few months, depending on the level of activity.

Installation instructions available at: https://github.com/openises/tickets/wiki

If you can share any notes, tips, comments, documentation, ideas, bugs, fixes, etc... It would really help out.
This project is dependent on the community giving back.

And a reminder to everyone, there is a survey that helps me understand our community and how the software is used.
Please provide a survey submission at: https://forms.gle/GboejNcF7c6eFQtN9