Edit unit with no map

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 11:46:53 AM3/22/19
to Open Source CAD
I have units that are not tracked but need to be moved manually, on occasion. Problem is, on the unit edit screen it shows no map. Regardless how I get there (unit edit screen) it will not show a map in order to change the location of the unit. All maps work in other places just fine, as far as I can tell.

The map name shows just below the header line, and no map controls are displayed. On the unit it is not marked as Mobile, not marked as Multiple, Directions is checked, Tracking is set to None.

Am I missing something?

Mark

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2019, 12:22:44 PM3/22/19
to Open Source CAD
This is the only error in the server log file...

PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /tickets/incs/status_cats.inc.php on line 299, referer: http://x.x.x.x/tickets/top.php

The log in Tickets only seem to show Firefox 1 or 2 events. Not even sure that is an error.

2525 3   10.1.11.103
2019-03-22 10:37:49   1

NULL  mozilla

0

2526 3   10.1.11.103
2019-03-22 10:58:49
2  0

NULL
mozilla

0

Mark

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2019, 9:38:24 AM4/1/19
to Open Source CAD
Andy, Arnie,

Any thoughts on this? The only place I can find that the map does not display is the Edit Units screen.

I'm running updates on the server now just in case. Big event this weekend. Hoping to get it resolved by then.

Thanks
Mark

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2019, 11:06:47 AM4/1/19
to Open Source CAD
Thanks to Andy and Arnie for a quick reply with a fix!

Arnie Shore

Apr 1, 2019, 11:08:36 AM4/1/19
to Open Source CAD
The fix was Andy's.

AS

Roberto Sanglay

Sep 5, 2019, 3:08:50 AM9/5/19
to Open Source CAD

How was the issue fixed???

Kindly post how the issue was resolved ty

Robert

Richard Palm

May 31, 2023, 7:21:19 PM5/31/23
to Open Source CAD
I have installed TicketsCAD 3.4 on AREDN using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
I want to use tickets with the local CERT/RACES units.

When trying to edit a location for a unit, no is no map on the page and no way select a new location.

Was there a solution?  I couldn't find one.

Dick

Mark Taylor

May 31, 2023, 7:31:22 PM5/31/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
The situation resolved itself. Not sure how.  Could be one of the dependencies had not yet been installed.

The problem as I described in my original post no longer exists, and has been too long ago for me to remember any specific thing that fixed it.

Mark

Arnie Shore

Jun 1, 2023, 9:10:41 PM6/1/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Mark/all, I have to wonder whether the issue is the browser itself.  Of course we try for browser independence. but with both Leaflet and javascript participating, ... .

It's going to take some time for me to reconstruct a desktop to test, but I wonder if some of you experiencing the issue here might try another browser?  (Mark, I wonder whether you might have switched browsers between when it failed and now works,)

AS

Mark Taylor

Jun 1, 2023, 9:26:26 PM6/1/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Arnie, it’s been so long ago I just don’t remember.  All I can say for sure that I did try various browsers occasionally but not sure if it was in response to this particular issue.

If I remember correctly most issues  were solved by MySQL and PHP compatibility.  I did have one computer with Firefox and JavaScript was disabled. That was a major headache.

Initially I didn’t have gd installed but that affected much more.

That’s about all I can remember. Once it was working it wasn’t important enough to me to retain any of that.

Mark

Arnie Shore

Jun 3, 2023, 10:17:14 AM6/3/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com

All, the browser itself isn't the issue, after all, so please drop anything you might be doing relative to that.

But with a significant trans-Atlantic assist, a repair may be in sight.  Hope springs eternal ... !  Stay tuned.

Eric Osterberg

Jun 7, 2023, 12:23:12 AM6/7/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I'm pleased to announce the latest version of Tickets CAD with fixes for manually updating a position via clicking on the map.
Thank you to Andy Harvey and Arnie Shore for finding and correcting the code.
Or the traditional locations at SourceForge.

On Sat, Jun 3, 2023 at 9:17 AM Arnie Shore <sho...@gmail.com> wrote:

All, the browser itself isn't the issue, after all, so please drop anything you might be doing relative to that.

But with a significant trans-Atlantic assist, a repair may be in sight.  Hope springs eternal ... !  Stay tuned.

Richard Palm

Jun 9, 2023, 9:32:26 PM6/9/23
to Open Source CAD
Thank you Eric Osterberg, Andy Harvey and Arnie Shore.

Unfortunately the new update (tickets-3.40.2) don't run on my machine that tix3_4 was running.

The TicketsCAD is loaded on a Raspberry Pi 3 b+.
Raspbian Linux 10
PHP  7.3.31-1
ManiaDB  10.3.9
Apache 2.4.8  ( Alias /tickets "/var/www/tickets" )

The tickets folder is locate in /var/www.  (tix3_4 --> tickets)

Made MySQL "tickets" database backup  --> tickets3.txt.  Deleted "tickets" database and recreated it from the tickets3.txt.  Verified TicketsCAD (tix3_4) still was working.

Download tickets-3.40.2.tar.gz  into  /var/www.  Extracted the file into a folder (/var/www/tickets-3.40.2).

Renamed  the "tickets" folder (tix3_4) to tickets0 and renamed the tickets-3.40.2 to tickets.
Made tickets/incs  writable.
Deleted all of the tables in MySQL tickets database.
Rebooted the system.
Started  http:/localhost/tickets
Response:
     o Installing 2.20 A base beta
     o Filled in form
     o install Database - new
     o Do it
     o Success
Checked MySQL "tickets" database
     o 33 tables,  ID, packet_id
Restarted http://localhost/tickets
Logged in admin/admin
     o Now MySQL database tickets:  109 tables, 36 records)
     o Only top line (tickets V3.40.2  on yourdomain.org   Time:15.33)
     o No other data on screen
No error messages logged.
Loaded tickets3.txt (tix3_4)  into MySQL database tickets.
Rebooted the system
Started http://localhost/tickets
Response:
     o Changed allocates table to type innoDB
     o Updated Version number
     o Required the old login password
     o Only top line, same as tix3_4 top line, but no other data.
No error messages logged
Changed /var/www/tickets folder back to original tix3_4 folder.
Rebooted the system
Started http://localhost/tickets
Response:
     o Updated Version
     o Original password (tix3_4) login
     o Everything was back and working as tix3_4

Any suggestions or information you would want?

Eric Osterberg

Jun 9, 2023, 11:29:49 PM6/9/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure where things went wrong in all those hoops you're jumping through.
You can see the changes for this update by looking at GitHub and reviewing the last commit.

You should be able to just copy one file over your existing installation. That file is: forms/units_edit_screen.php

Tickets version 3.4 is basically 3.40. We bumped the version number because there are a handful of version numbers greater than 3_4 and less than 3_40. You're pretty much up to date. And you can review every change, line by line in a web browser at: https://github.com/openises/tickets/commits/main

Let us know how it goes.

 -Eric

Richard Palm

Jun 10, 2023, 8:57:45 PM6/10/23
to Open Source CAD
Thank you for the link to the changes.  When comparing tix3_4 to tickets-3.40.2, I thought there would be many changes.

Size         Files Folders
tix3_4 23.2 MB 1519 96
tix3_4A 17.4 MB 1517 96
tickets-3.40.2 17.0 MB 1507 84

Using the change page for "units_edit_screen.php", I only added lines 49-51 and changed lines 288 and 493 to correct "Edit unit with no map" on tix3_4.

There may be a problem with tickets-3.40.2 compared to tix3_4.  From my earlier message, I could never get tickets-3.40.2 to run after two days.  I had tix3_4 running on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ in about an hour.

I will look through the other changes to see what other items we may need to change.

Eric Osterberg - NØNKI

Jun 14, 2023, 11:44:53 PM6/14/23
to Open Source CAD
Hello Dick,

Any updates to share?

 -Eric

Richard Palm

Jun 15, 2023, 2:17:24 PM6/15/23
to Open Source CAD
Hi Eric,

Attached is a status report.
TicketsCAD Status.pdf

Richard Palm

Jun 20, 2023, 5:35:27 PM6/20/23
to Open Source CAD

No map on individual responders (units) view.  The three line correction used in "units_edit_screen.php", did not correct "units_view_screen.php".

Arnie Shore

Jun 20, 2023, 6:18:46 PM6/20/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
The Tix version you're running?

Richard Palm

Jun 20, 2023, 6:53:11 PM6/20/23
to Open Source CAD
Nether tix3_4 on a Raspberry Pi or tickets-3.40.2 on a Fedora (linux) server show the map.
The "units_view_screen.php" files on both versions appear to be the same.

Richard Palm

Jun 26, 2023, 11:17:33 PM6/26/23
to Open Source CAD
I have more information on the problem with tickets-3.40.3 installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+.

tix3_4 runs without any problems after adding the correction for edit and view units.  The attached List 1.jpg shows the running processes.  Apache2 idles unless the Web Browser make a request and then idles again.

tickets-3.40.2 or tickets-3.40.3 never fills out the screen after log in.  Looking at List 2.jpg, Apache2 appears to be in a loop, continuously using CPU time which increases with time.  Even closing the Web Browser page, no change in CPU.  The only way to stop the Apache2 using CPU resources is to restart Apache or Reboot.

No error messages are generated.
List 2.jpg
List 1.jpg