Mapping

Richard Palm

Oct 6, 2023, 4:12:17 PM10/6/23
to Open Source CAD
I'm running TicketsCAD v3.40.3 on the AREDN(Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network).

 In a recent Cyber Attack Drill, the internet was shut down and we are only able to communicate by radio and microwave links.

 The problem was we lost mapping information because we were unable to connect to Google.

 Is there a way to store a map with all of the resources labeled when the internet goes down?

 Richard Palm

rrpa...@gmail.com

Mark Taylor

Oct 6, 2023, 4:13:28 PM10/6/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Offline maps. Look in the configuration.

Mark

Charles Killian

Oct 6, 2023, 4:34:50 PM10/6/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
You'll need to set up a map server. Not trivial. I have done it if you want some help.

Eric Osterberg

Oct 6, 2023, 5:21:18 PM10/6/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Map server is optional. You can save offline maps. Some GeoCoding features might be impacted, ie: Getting LatLong based on an address... But the images are there.

Richard Palm

Oct 6, 2023, 5:25:41 PM10/6/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Chuck,

I would appreciate help setting up a map server.

I'm running only TicketsCAD on a Dell Optiplex i7-2600 with 4GB memory.

The OS is XAMPP v3.30 running on Windows 7 Pro.

I have built a number of internet servers using Fedora Linux.

73,
Dick

Eric Osterberg

Oct 6, 2023, 5:31:26 PM10/6/23