Integration to other CAD systems

mychri...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2022, 12:18:02 PM8/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Has anyone ever utilized Tickets CAD as a call-taking app for 911, then had that call data pushed to other agency CADs?
I'm not sure if its a situation where another cad will poll the Tickets database, or Tickets can export XML, or if this is even possible.
Our scenario is that 911 receives a call, enters the basic details in TicketsCAD (they do not have a cad for example). And if the call is for Law Enforcement, that call data is written to an XML, which is picked up on polling by another cad and a call created.

Thanks for any insight!

Robert Filipovich

Aug 11, 2022, 12:38:26 PM8/11/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Usually that is called bonding, not sure I have seen the use case discussed but it would be easily possible, just some code to do export. Interested in seeing the responses if it's already in the system.

Arnie Shore

Aug 11, 2022, 6:46:36 PM8/11/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Guys, re " ... just some code to do  ... "  So how many of you have been waiting for just some code to  ... ?

Another point:  The Good Lord must love standards, since He made so many of them. 😁  Interoperability standards, anyone?
While DHS talked about that about a year ago in https://www.dhs.gov/publication/st-cad-cad-interoperability, I'm not aware of anything other than vendor-specific attempts.

Sorry to be so negative.  The idea is great of course, but there's good reasons why implementations are lacking so far.  (At least to my knowledge!)

AS