Configuration Settings for Tickets and OPENGTS

Dr. Larry

Aug 2, 2020, 1:04:17 PM8/2/20
to Open Source CAD
having spent my sunday installing the Tickets and OPENGTS on two servers, I have the OPENGTS receiving gps data no problem. however in the config settings in the Tickets, I see OGTS Info. what should be the exact value required? I tried many different methods and could not find anything. I searched for about 4 hours and I have not seen anyone talking about the actual settings.
Any help please.

Thanks, hope everyone is doing well.
Larry

Arnie Shore

Aug 2, 2020, 6:19:22 PM8/2/20
to Open Source CAD
Firstly, I'm aware of no one who's ever gotten this to work.  Anyone with information to the contrary, please speak up.

Secondly, have you tried the OGTS test stuff at the Config page?  That can save a good bit of time, if it works.

Third, as time allows I'll look through the code and get back on this.

AS

Arnie Shore

Aug 3, 2020, 10:06:58 AM8/3/20
to Open Source CAD
The OpenGTS configuration setting consists of a forward-slash-separated server url, account, and password.

HTH.  Keep us apprised of results.

AS

Dr. Larry

Aug 3, 2020, 9:36:02 PM8/3/20
to Open Source CAD
Arnie and others..

Firstly thank you for the initial response. I have good news,  I have been able to make this work.  in the ogts info: 192.168.1.2:8080/maxwell34/hf769585f
Translates to like you said: Ip:port/admin username/admin password.

With all the methods I have tried, I could NOT make a user id work so it requires a admin account. for those who use OPENGTS the command line in opengts is: (bin/admin.sh Account -account=maxwell34 -pass=hf769585f -create) this creates a Admin account which manages the "account" of a company/ organization. The -account=maxwell34 creates the main organization name and thereafter in the maxwell34 group you create users.

HOWEVER even you give a user write/read new/delete privileges you cannot create a user with enough power to let tickets see the user. I will play with it again and update.

In the end of this chapter, if you use the Admin user name, in this case maxwell34 and that admin password you made, the tickets will login correctly to the opengts and pass the traffic so it displays on the tickets map.

Within the opengts when you creates users there is a trick to make it work. In the settings of the user (vehicle) in the server you MUST have the unique ID: ct_IMIE number as seen in pix3. Without the ct_ it will not work, the numbers after that can be the IMEI, or the Android id from the mobile software. In this case I used celltrac gts for android.
currently it is working without any issues.

I will keep testing to see if there is anyway to enable a user to pick the data from the server besides the admin.

Hope this helps anyone, I'm actively working on this, so if anyone needs help let me know, its fresh in my mind.

Arnie, thank you again.

Best to everyone
Larry
tix1.JPG
tix3.JPG
tix2.JPG

Dr. Larry

Aug 3, 2020, 9:51:41 PM8/3/20
to Open Source CAD
Arnie,

I think I might have an idea, could you modify the opengts.php so that asks for the login info in this manner

<FORM NAME= 'frm_save' METHOD='post' ACTION = '<?php print basename(__FILE__);?>'>
    <INPUT TYPE='hidden' NAME = '_func'             VALUE = 'save' />
    <INPUT TYPE='hidden' NAME = 'frm_url'         VALUE = '<?php echo trim($frm_url);?>' />
    <INPUT TYPE='hidden' NAME = 'frm_account'     VALUE = '<?php echo trim($frm_account);?>' />
    <INPUT TYPE='hidden' NAME = 'frm_user'     VALUE = '<?php echo trim($frm_user);?>' />
    <INPUT TYPE='hidden' NAME = 'frm_pw'         VALUE = '<?php echo trim($frm_pw);?>' />
    </FORM>
I'm not a guru in the html but I see why its failing, if you could or someone help to modify the opengts.php so it collect the 4 pieces of information I think this will work I will try to do it on my own, but I thought I would tell you and maybe you could easily do it faster and know if it calls the correct info from the line, I tried to add the ip:port/account/user/pass but when I do the test, the test will not go because the info is not sending 3 required lines, the account becomes the user, the password becomes the username, and the password is not in the list.
plus I don't know from the config file in tix how its setup to send the data and if you need to add it within the tix config somewhere.

Hope this sheds light on the interconnect.

Dr. Larry

Aug 3, 2020, 10:33:50 PM8/3/20
to Open Source CAD
Arnie,

and another update.
 I have enclosed some photos of what the page should look like, like anything else, I don't know crap about the curl and html, so I know something is wrong in the opengts.php. I have enclosed the file as is right now, but this will tell you what the open gts is looking for in this order.

I was able to get the data to align correctly in the boxes, but I noticed the shade on the password was wrong, so I'm not sure where I went wrong in the opengts.php when I submit, you can see I get an error.

hopefully someone sees and can correct it. please post a update of the opengts.php if you can help me find the issue at hand. hopefully its not difficult.

hahahaha.

Thanks
Larry
opengts.php
tix5.JPG
tix4.JPG

Roberto Sanglay

Aug 4, 2020, 2:55:05 AM8/4/20
to Open Source CAD
Hi Guys,

I have tried to install Tickets and OpenGTS on the same server a long time ago.   Although I got it to work, the learning curve is a little steep and could be very daunting for the non-techie.

I suggest TRACCAR instead, It's a breeze to install and easy enough to incorporate with Tickets.  I have posted some traccar integration scripts a few months ago for extracting GPS data via API.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted