Tickets CAD Project Web Site (www.ticketscad.org)

Arnie Shore

Jan 27, 2015, 12:27:22 PM1/27/15
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
All, your browser may have complained to you that the site's security certificate was out of date.  While there's no sensitive information there, we do try to keep it as secure as we can.

At any rate, that certificate situation has been corrected, so please do re-visit as needed/interested.

And stay toon'd for an announcement re the next release, Version 3, a big one features-wise.  Make sure the developers are aware of any bugs/nasties needing to be addressed.

-- AS

Stephen Higgins

Jan 27, 2015, 12:33:58 PM1/27/15
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Arnie and all,

I just want to shoot a quick note that let you know we have successfully deployed this program on our first EOC activation today for Winter Storm Juno.  (We have been using it for day to day stuff between a couple of us, but this is our first "incident")

We are running this on a in house VPN access server.  Though we have never been able to work the bugs out of the messaging side of the system, we are using it with great success.

Andy and Arnie have been great in supporting this project.

This is an amazing program and I can't thank you all enough for all your help.

STeve Higgins
Maine

Thank you,

Stephen L. Higgins, FO-II, EMT-P, I/C
Owner
Public Safety Solutions of Maine

Deo Confidimus

Arnie Shore

Jan 27, 2015, 5:59:25 PM1/27/15
to Open Source CAD
Steve, thanks for the kind words.  But in addition to Andy and me, KB deserves some kudos's here;  Not only for keeping the project site alive  and well, but also for the tech contributions he's made.

Reminder to all:  Kev has some significant out-of-pockets costs in doing so, so pls consider that as a deserving home for donations.  The site's Donate button is looking for you!

-- AS

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Stephen Higgins <slhi...@pssmaine.net> wrote:
Arnie and all,

I just want to shoot a quick note that let you know we have successfully deployed this program on our first EOC activation today for Winter Storm Juno.  (We have been using it for day to day stuff between a couple of us, but this is our first "incident")

We are running this on a in house VPN access server.  Though we have never been able to work the bugs out of the messaging side of the system, we are using it with great success.

Andy and Arnie have been great in supporting this project.

This is an amazing program and I can't thank you all enough for all your help.

STeve Higgins
Maine

Deo Confidimus

Jason Godfrey

Jan 27, 2015, 6:18:13 PM1/27/15
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

I'm not sure if you ever got a fix in for the "multiple logins from the same user clobbers data" bug. If not, consider this a reminder :-)

Thanks
- Jason

Lee White

Jan 27, 2015, 6:33:47 PM1/27/15
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnie, I was wondering if you and Andy might be able to all a call and unit timer function that can be set for event priorities and units to remind dispatchers to do a status check ok units. This is a desk clutter for us right now as we have several timers sitting on the dispatch destination set for different dirations for our units to do a status check or op's and position check as well as timers for low, medium and high priority timers.

tcolem...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2015, 8:44:22 PM1/31/15
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnie!
I've been meaning to drop a line here for a while since my agency went "live" with Tickets.  In short, we love it!  The only difficulty we've had is bandwith usage with our server (who is understanding fortunately).  I've lengthened the refresh rates in hopes that will help.

A couple features suggested by our users that may already be in the works,
1. A quick create, or "Self Initiated" feature for when officers call in traffic stops etc.  A version for the mobile unit screen (not RM or SP, but in the regular login) would also come in handy!
2. A larger font for the mobile screen to help viewing while in motion (or running on too little coffee!).  Most of our users use the mobile screen almost exclusively for their daily operations and a few have said that the font size and colours can be a bit hard on the eyes.
3. One thing noted by the Operator level users is that if two different operators attempt to create a new incident at the same time (related or not), they both can end up having the same incident number.
4. The ability to have a wider array of sounds for different events (i.e. a mobile unit dispatched to an incident, new comments added, etc.)

I'm glad to see SO-CM request the unit status timer function!  This is something that several of my users have requested as well.
 Overall we are very happy with Tickets and look forward to the updates!

--TC

Richard Condie

Mar 19, 2021, 11:23:33 PM3/19/21
to Open Source CAD
what happened to the website . i would like to have another go at setting up another tickets server on the raspberry pi4.

many thanks

Richard Condie

Arnie Shore

Mar 20, 2021, 5:23:12 PM3/20/21
to Open Source CAD
Re  "what happened to the website " etc.

Well, the team member looking after it ran into some severe health issues, and lost the domain name and site.  While Andy Haervey scared up some alternate domains, other not-good stuff has been going on.  Maybe, ... .

Meanwhile, reliable old Sourceforge has the current release.  Use that.

Now, FWIW,  I believe that Tix fails under PHP 7, but is OK with earlier versions.  Anyone with information to the contrary, please respond.

Meanwhile, you guys stay safe and healthy.  And that's a standing order!

AS

Timothy Coleman

Mar 20, 2021, 6:22:32 PM3/20/21
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I’ve been out of the discussion for quite a while, but I wanted to let everyone know my agency is still using Tickets CAD every day! We have close to two million DB entries and encounter very few issues. We haven’t upgraded in a couple years, but I think that time is near to go to the latest version.

—Lieutenant Tim Coleman
Delta Company Police
Sent from my iPhone

Martin Flynn

Mar 21, 2021, 12:24:25 PM3/21/21
to open-so...@googlegroups.com

So whats the new URL?

Martin

Mark Taylor

Mar 21, 2021, 12:47:50 PM3/21/21
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Try the pinned discussion at the top of this group named something like Newest Version of Tickets 3.31 A, or something like that.

Can’t see it on my phone.

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2021, 1:45:25 PM3/21/21
to Open Source CAD
Doesn't look like it is pinned any longer. Look for the topic "Latest Version of Tickets."

Arnie Shore

Mar 21, 2021, 2:55:07 PM3/21/21
to Open Source CAD
All, see the following for the current Tickets version:

 https://sourceforge.net/projects/openises/