installation help

Nick Gavin

Jun 13, 2023, 6:05:39 PM6/13/23
to Open Source CAD
I am trying to install tickets and hve gotten to the navigate to install.php.  I have attached the screen that loads, however when I enter the information I get the following error

Installing 2.20 A base beta

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'dmcares.action' doesn't exist in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php:424 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php(424): mysqli_query(Object(mysqli), 'SELECT COUNT(*)...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.func.php(247): mysql2i::mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Object(mysqli)) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(104): mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(134): table_exists('action', 1) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\install.php(1152): create_tables('') #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php on line 424

I manually add the missing table but it loads a different message with a different table name, it also will delete whatever table I create.  What do I need to do differently to get it to proceed with the install?

Nick Gavin

Jun 13, 2023, 10:34:56 PM6/13/23
to Open Source CAD
So I manually created each table and progressed past that point, now however I get this when I try to go to index.php

Deprecated: Optional parameter $theSort declared before required parameter $display is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php on line 636

Deprecated: Optional parameter $theSort declared before required parameter $display is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php on line 727

Deprecated: Optional parameter $theSort declared before required parameter $display is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php on line 777

Deprecated: Optional parameter $theSort declared before required parameter $display is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php on line 872

Deprecated: Optional parameter $ticket_id declared before required parameter $fromname is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\messaging.inc.php on line 502

Deprecated: Optional parameter $resp_id declared before required parameter $fromname is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\messaging.inc.php on line 502

Deprecated: Optional parameter $default_time declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 375

Deprecated: Optional parameter $disabled declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 375

Deprecated: Optional parameter $default_date declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 412

Deprecated: Optional parameter $disabled declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 412

Deprecated: Optional parameter $default_date declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 510

Deprecated: Optional parameter $disabled declared before required parameter $readonly is implicitly treated as a required parameter in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\member.inc.php on line 510

Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'dmcares.mdb_settings' doesn't exist in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php:424 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php(424): mysqli_query(Object(mysqli), 'SELECT * FROM `...') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.func.php(247): mysql2i::mysql_query('SELECT * FROM `...', Object(mysqli)) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php(1524): mysql_query('SELECT * FROM `...') #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\functions.inc.php(451): get_mdb_variable('use_mdb_contact') #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\index.php(8): require_once('C:\\xampp\\htdocs...') #5 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\tickets\incs\mysql2i.class.php on line 424

Eric Osterberg

Jun 14, 2023, 1:19:00 AM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com

Eric Osterberg

Jun 14, 2023, 1:20:02 AM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I believe you're using an unsupported version of PHP.

On Tue, Jun 13, 2023, 9:34 PM Nick Gavin <nick...@gmail.com> wrote:

Richard Palm

Jun 14, 2023, 1:16:03 PM6/14/23
to Open Source CAD
Everything can be done on your web browser.  "Tickets" will initialize the MySQL tables.

I could only get tix3_4 to run on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ running Raspbain Linux 10 and tickets-3.40.2 on a Dell T20 server running Fedora Linux.

I installed Webmin on both systems to manage both servers with a web browser.  It was used to setup and manage Apache and MySQL.

Add a web page to Apache to test PHP and see all of the functions.
File: index.php
<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Extract "tickets<>" folder to /var/www and rename it just "tickets".  Create a setup in Apache to run "tickets".
Alias  /tickets  /var/www/tickets
<Directory /var/www/tickets>
Directory Index  index.php
</Directory>

Change /var/www/tickets/incs folder permissions to writable.

In Webmin using "MySQL Database Server" create a new database "tickets" with no tables.

Run http://localhost/tickets from your web browser and follow the directions.

This work for me.

Nick Gavin

Jun 14, 2023, 9:40:28 PM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
what version should I be using, currently going through XAMPP?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Open Source CAD" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-source-cad/CAJLaYFUdBvcy5c%2Bp-XKgbDB9xCNDGtT%3DL4-Z%2B45PERosz_g6Bw%40mail.gmail.com.

Richard Palm

Jun 14, 2023, 10:04:40 PM6/14/23
to Open Source CAD
Are you using Windows, Linux or OS X?  I have only installed on Linux.

Arnie Shore

Jun 14, 2023, 10:08:18 PM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Tix OK under a Windows XAMPP of a year or more ago.  It includes the following:

PHP Version:7.4.12 under Apache/2.4.46 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.1.1h PHP/7.4.12
Database:tix_3_4 on localhost running mysql 5.5.5-10.4.16-MariaDB

FYI

Nick Gavin

Jun 14, 2023, 10:24:55 PM6/14/23
to Open Source CAD
I'm running Windows, php version 8.2.4 installed through xampp x64-8.2.4-vs16

Arnie Shore

Jun 14, 2023, 11:06:56 PM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Tix does not do PHP version 8.  I believe that PHP 7.anything works.

Eric Osterberg

Jun 14, 2023, 11:22:17 PM6/14/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Dear Arnie, Richard, Nick and everyone else following along,

Thank you for your help. I can confirm that you need to use a version of PHP 7.x as 8.x is incompatible.
I think this link will get you the software you're looking for. https://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/files/XAMPP%20Windows/7.4.33/

I would be very grateful if you could capture the installation process and write some documentation as you go. This would be very helpful to the next user of the software. It would also be helpful if you could document any issues you encounter, so that we can exactly reproduce your issue.

Thank you for your willingness to give back to the community by creating this much-needed documentation. This would certainly have assisted you had we had this available when you started. 😁

Best regards,
Eric Osterberg

On Wed, Jun 14, 2023 at 10:06 PM Arnie Shore <sho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tix does not do PHP version 8.  I believe that PHP 7.anything works.

Nick Gavin

Jun 15, 2023, 7:34:03 AM6/15/23
to Open Source CAD
It was the PHP version, I removed all then installed a version 7 and now I'm in.  Thank you for the help.