xammp questions

Nicole Smith

Dec 6, 2023, 8:32:26 PM12/6/23
to Open Source CAD
dose anyone have the old instructions on how to set up your xampp database? also im trying to set up xammp on aws services and do as i told by the videos but i get is message when i go to connect to the in message window and i can not figure out how to get past this. Dose anyone have ideas or can tell me how to fix it if you've used asw for tickets before.

Can't connect to your instance

To connect to an instance using Session Manager, Systems Manager requires an IAM instance profile. You can create an instance profile and assign it to your instance by using a Systems Manager Quick Setup host management configuration .

If you still can't connect to your instance, or if you receive an error, including an error about SSM Agent, see Troubleshooting Session Manager .

Eric Osterberg

Dec 7, 2023, 9:07:52 AM12/7/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I personally was not aware of setup videos nor instructions for using an AWS instance specifically.
XAMMP does not provide much in the way of security when run from Windows machines by default. I would guess AWS by default locks things down a bit more.

When you talk about setting up the xampp database, are we talking about creating the database in the MySQL database component of XAMMP? In Windows, there's a link to an installed instance of PHPMyAdmin where that GUI allows you to create the 'DB', 'Username' and 'Password' the Tickets installer needs to populate the database.

Eric Osterberg

Dec 7, 2023, 9:11:37 AM12/7/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I guess I should google search before answering.
Maybe these will help. With Typo corrected for XAMPP:

Let us know how you are progressing, and when you have things figured out, please share updated instructions so the community also learns and benefits.