TicketsCAD And MySQL 5.7

Ben Baker

Apr 25, 2022, 9:44:14 PM4/25/22
to Open Source CAD
We just installed TicketsCAD and we are using MYSQL 5.7.37 and PHP version 7.4.29. We are having problems similar to some of the other posts I've seen. This is where we log in and do not see any buttons until we press "refresh". The buttons will then appear but some do not work.

From what I've read, TicketsCAD only works with MySQL version 5.5 or less. Unfortunately, we cannot install a lower version because of the service we are hosted on.

We are getting errors like this when we click on CONFIG:

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/cad/public/incs/config.inc.php on line 231

Situation, New, Units, Personnel buttons does not do anything when pressed.

When you press "Board", we get the error:

Deprecated: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /srv/users/serverpilot/apps/cad/public/incs/functions.inc.php on line 3344

We aren't sure if there is a workaround for this or if there is a new version that is coming out that will address this issue. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ben
KB0UBZ

Arnie Shore

Apr 26, 2022, 7:18:29 AM4/26/22
to Open Source CAD
Ben, from those error messages, I believe you have an obsolete Tix version,  The current release, version 3.4 , is available at SourceForge, https://sourceforge.net/projects/openises/

No problems have been reported with this version since we put it up there back in December.

Come back.

AS

Ben Baker

Apr 26, 2022, 7:23:16 PM4/26/22
to Open Source CAD
Thanks, Arnie. But I forgot to say that we are on 3.4. Should we try to reinstall?

Arnie Shore

Apr 26, 2022, 8:21:59 PM4/26/22
to Open Source CAD
Ben, yes, please re-install.

But first see Config/System Summary, which will tell you the versions, and let me know.

Ben Baker

Apr 26, 2022, 9:07:23 PM4/26/22
to Open Source CAD
Thanks, Arnie, Which I could but "Config" is one of the buttons that nothing happens with you click on it.

Arnie Shore

Apr 26, 2022, 11:37:56 PM4/26/22
to Open Source CAD
Noted.  Now your web hosting is "shared"?

AS

Arnie Shore

Apr 28, 2022, 8:16:50 AM4/28/22
to Open Source CAD
Ben, some apologies are due here for not looking harder at the symptoms you posted initially.

But a look through Tix 3.4 shows no instance uf using the deprecated function, get_magic_quotes_gpc ().  Which tells me that your 3.4 is not a good installation.

Do I take it correctly that you have since done a re-install  and that it worked correctly for you?

AS

Ben Baker

Apr 28, 2022, 4:59:40 PM4/28/22
to Open Source CAD
Hi Arnie,

We haven't reinstalled it yet. Plan on reinstalling it next week due do scheduling conflicts.

Thanks for your help!!!

Ben
KB0UBZ

Ben Baker

May 22, 2022, 11:54:03 AM5/22/22
to Open Source CAD
Hi Arnie,

So we had a chance to work on TicketsCAD and finally got it working. Here are the notes from our webmaster on what he did to get it working:

     I installed  CAD 3.4 twice.  The first time was to upgrade the existing installation and the second time was a complete fresh install including recreating the mySQL DB.  Both times I could not get it to work.

     After doing some testing and playing with the code and reviewing debug information, I found we were getting mySQL errors, specifically an error related to "this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by".

     After reviewing the mySQL manuals, I found that this mode was turned on by default in versions 5.7.5 and above. We are running 5.7.38 mySQL.

     The default SQL mode in MySQL 5.7 includes these modes: ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY, STRICT_TRANS_TABLES, NO_ZERO_IN_DATE, NO_ZERO_DATE, ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER, and NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION.

     These modes were added to the default SQL mode in MySQL 5.7: The ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY and STRICT_TRANS_TABLES modes were added in MySQL 5.7.5. The NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER mode was added in MySQL 5.7.7. The     ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO, NO_ZERO_DATE, and NO_ZERO_IN_DATE modes were added in MySQL 5.7.8.

     https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html

     https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/group-by-handling.html

     This new default mode was added to encourage more compliance with current SQL standards in coding and better handling of queries.

     Anyway, I turned this particular sql_mode off.  I tried turning it off for the CAD database, but the global settings were still there, so I turned it off globally in mySQL. Now it works.

I'm not sure if MarieSQLhas the same issues or not. But since we use MySQL for other applications, we have to stick with it.

Thanks for your help Arnie!

Ben
KB0UBZ

Arnie Shore

May 22, 2022, 2:46:43 PM5/22/22
to Open Source CAD
Ben, thanks for that fill-in, and my kudos to your guys in nailing the headache source.

I hope anyone here having install problems gives it a good look-at, cuz the PHP piece of Tix 3.4 looks solid under PHP 7.