Cannot Edit Unit with Tracking set to Traccar

Chris Byrd

Sep 18, 2023, 8:52:35 PM9/18/23
to Open Source CAD
I apologize if this has been mentioned elsewhere.   I could not find it.

Running the following :
Ticket 3.40.3.PNG
If I add a unit and leave tracking set to none, I can go back and edit it without problem.  If I set the tracking to Traccar and using the device id, I am unable to edit the unit any further.  I have to go into the units table and change traccar from 1 to 0 and remove the call sign.   I have tested with traccar.php and I do get a response from traccar, although there are errors in the traccar.php.
traccar.PNG

Thanks
Chris

Chris Byrd

Sep 18, 2023, 11:31:58 PM9/18/23
to Open Source CAD
More info on this.    I updated setting and added the sql table info.  traccar is running on mysql.   If I add tracking to another unit it works (ie Unit 751).  if I add it to my unit (790) I cannot edit my unit.   I can edit unit 751.  I have deleted and recreated my unit and it will never let me edit the unit if traccar tracking is enable.
Chris

Eric Osterberg - NØNKI

Sep 19, 2023, 11:11:07 PM9/19/23
to Open Source CAD
I'm not sure what could be the issue.
I've not set this up before.
I wonder if you can share the database dump? We could maybe then compare settings between the two units.

Anyone else using Traccar?

PS: A reminder to check out the survey of our user community. I have only a few responses. https://forms.gle/GboejNcF7c6eFQtN9

Chris Byrd

Sep 21, 2023, 11:42:17 AM9/21/23
to Open Source CAD
I can share my my database.    I would prefer to email it to you instead of posting to the group if possible.

Thanks
Chris

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2023, 11:58:10 AM9/21/23
to Open Source CAD
Perhaps show us your Unit screen.  Are you sure MOBILE is also ticked?

Marked

Chris Byrd

Sep 21, 2023, 12:10:23 PM9/21/23
to Open Source CAD
I have tried with units check and unchecked.      If I select tracar and enter the unit number,  it jumps to the next screen.  If i go to the main units screen clicking on the unit will not show on map.    If I go to the database and remove the traccar settings I am able to edit again.     At first I thought it was just one specific unit, but i appears to affect all units.

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2023, 12:21:58 PM9/21/23
to Open Source CAD
I know Traccar has an issue with three character ID's.  Try using a phone number or call sign with more than say, four characters.