Over 200 Single-day TicketsCAD Downloads to Kenya?

Arnie Shore

May 7, 2023, 9:44:06 AM5/7/23
to Open Source CAD
Anyone have any information  to explain those 208 downloads on April 2?

More typical is just a few per day.  So, ????

Ken Land

May 7, 2023, 3:03:31 PM5/7/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Don't pay attention to those numbers, or even those "typical" "few per day" since they are all crawlers and other bots.

Slashdot which owns SourceForge needs to show that people are using it, but a lot of projects left when they hijacked project downloads and bundled malware with them on purpose during the 2013 to 2015 era. GitHub was up and coming before that time, so many projects moved to them.

Ken

On Sun, May 7, 2023 at 9:44 AM Arnie Shore <sho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone have any information  to explain those 208 downloads on April 2?

More typical is just a few per day.  So, ????

Ed @UMEX

May 8, 2023, 10:56:01 AM5/8/23
to Open Source CAD
Go Figger! My Kenyan Uncle sent me an email saying it would only cost $1M USD to download TicketsCAD!  And that was without support!!

Ken Land

May 8, 2023, 4:36:24 PM5/8/23
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
The nephew of the King of Nigeria told me it would be half that! You got scammed!

Ken