Tickets CAD Web Hosting

Arnie Shore

Aug 31, 2017, 7:13:44 AM8/31/17
to Open Source CAD
Partly as a result of Mike Wassell's posting of what he has accomplished for Houston in his Tickets deployment, some of you may now be planning a more aggressive deployment yourselves.

While funding issues may have forced you to rely on a shared hosting service, that may not be suitable for operation under any level of load.  In the past, teammate KB has written the following:

Shared hosting can cause too many issues because of rights assignments, file space, number of db's allowed, performance of a shared db server hosting thousands of databases for multiple users, etc.

If performance and availability/stability are of concern to you I would definitly recommend using a vps where you have full control of the OS setup, what programs get installed, system updates, etc.

FYI.

Meinershagen, Brian

Aug 31, 2017, 11:40:31 AM8/31/17
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Arnie, have you ever thought about building an AMI image that could be templated and deployed rapidly on AWS type infrastructure?

Arnie Shore

Aug 31, 2017, 1:20:17 PM8/31/17
to Open Source CAD
Brian there's one AWS Tix install I'm aware of, a singleton,  and yr suggestion sounds interesting

Anyone interested should contact Brian Meinershagen on this.

AS

AndyH

Jan 12, 2018, 11:25:16 AM1/12/18
to Open Source CAD
All.

I have also installed a demo Tickets on an Amazon EC2 instance which works well Now the majority of Tickets 3.30 is done I have a commitment to myself to document the way of building an install on AWS. It's not difficult, however needs to be done in the right way to enable full use of Tickets. AWS support Websockets so installs on here work well with this part of Tickets for Broadcast messaging.

Cheers
Andy

Kevin Bednar

Jan 12, 2018, 11:29:49 AM1/12/18
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
As an aside, if someone needs hosting and can't afford it I can discuss with you the possibility of hosting it on one of the ticketscad servers, depending on you meeting certain criteria, ie: this service is NOT for a single personal user. You can find other ways to get tickets installed and running for yourselves. I have a server on both the east and west coasts available, but limited space so I have to be kind of selective. Thanks.

Kevin
K2KMB

leon...@gmail.com