help withe getting it off the local host

Nathan RCFD

Jun 23, 2024, 12:27:45 PM (10 days ago) Jun 23
to Open Source CAD
I need help getting the cad out in the network im using windows 10 with mysql and apachee want to use a cousume domain but dont know what i need to do

Nathan RCFD

Jun 25, 2024, 11:58:24 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to Open Source CAD
im using XAMPP

Arnie Shore

Jun 25, 2024, 12:05:43 PM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
You need to get yourself an account with some web hosting provider.  That account will need access to PHP, MySQL, and PHPMyAdmin.

That hosting provider will help you get started.

Nathan RCFD

Jun 26, 2024, 7:08:51 PM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to Open Source CAD
ok thanks!

Nicole Smith

Jun 26, 2024, 7:43:19 PM (6 days ago) Jun 26
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Ok how do we connect the web hosting address to the tickets cad? I use wix.com and have a subdomain for our cad system but we can not figure out where to enter the domain information so it will point to tickets cad ?

Arnie Shore

Jun 27, 2024, 9:12:32 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Your web hosting provider will provide you with the information/address you need for any application you're uploading/installing, and also the URL you need to point your browser there.  I dunno wix.

Nicole Smith

Jun 27, 2024, 1:42:41 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Where I’m having a problem is where do I put the link in tickets or how do I can have tickets open up on that link?

Arnie Shore

Jun 27, 2024, 2:38:57 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
Do neither of those.  When you point your browser to the URL your hosting provider has given you, then the default file there will open automatically.  (You COULD override that, but there's no reason to do so.)

A bit more:  Not absolutely mandatory, but it's a good idea to install Tickets in its own directory underneath that one.  Which then allows you to host more than one application, by appending that directory name to the launch URL.

Mark Taylor

Jun 27, 2024, 4:12:56 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
I think this may help....

If your Tickets computer is in your office (and I think it is), then......

Determine your public IP address.  If you don't know it you can go to www.whatsmyip.org from the computer hosting Tickets.
Give that address to your DNS provider for your subdomain.  They will add your IP address to your DNS for your subdomain.  It will take up to 24 hours to become effective.

Then, determine the IP address of the computer hosting Tickets.....it will probably be in the range 192.168.x.x
And, get the port number that Apache is using on that computer (probably 80), then.....

Access the router in your network that the Tickets computer is on, and install a port forwarding rule for the port Apache is using, to the computer that Tickets is on.

Now, you just created a web server on the internet.

Mark