Fatal Error (MySQL) during fresh install on new system

Greg Clark

Jan 16, 2022, 3:12:30 PM1/16/22
to Open Source CAD
During a new install on a fresh Windows 10 install, no other applications or services running, I'm getting the following fatal error when trying to run the install.php step of the setup process:

Installing 2.20 A base beta
Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Table 'ticketscad.action' doesn't exist in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\incs\mysql2i.class.php:408 Stack trace: #0 C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\incs\mysql2i.class.php(408): mysqli_query(Object(mysqli), 'SELECT COUNT(*)...') #1 C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\incs\mysql2i.func.php(247): mysql2i::mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...', Object(mysqli)) #2 C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\install.php(104): mysql_query('SELECT COUNT(*)...') #3 C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\install.php(134): table_exists('action', 1) #4 C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\install.php(1152): create_tables('') #5 {main} thrown in C:\XAMPP\htdocs\TicketsCAD\incs\mysql2i.class.php on line 408

Arnie Shore

Jan 16, 2022, 3:22:17 PM1/16/22
to Open Source CAD
Well, we're pleased to see that you have survived this fatal error!  (Sorry -- it's been a long day so far.)

I suspect you are running PHP version 8, which the current Tickets version can't accommodate, we've recently learned.

Falling back to the ;latest PHP version 7 is recommended.

Greg Clark

Jan 16, 2022, 4:17:10 PM1/16/22
to Open Source CAD
I knew this.  Didn't stop me from doing it, anyway.  LOL
Reinstalled an older version of XAMPP and it's working like a charm so far.  Thanks!

Is Tickets MDB still viable, or is it no longer necessary?

Nicole Smith

Apr 2, 2022, 6:51:34 PM4/2/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
So I have a question about tickets cad and want to see if anyone has any recommendations. I am trying to see if tickets cad or if there is an outside software that you can enter a persons phone number like let’s say a cell phone, you send them a link and it tracks where the caller is and their movements. I’m not sure if tickets cad can do this or if you at some point will add this option but I figured as a user I would ask.

jms.comp...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2022, 10:09:01 AM4/4/22
to Open Source CAD

 You really should start a new thread as this is way off topic -

 But, Look at the complementary Traccar solution --