Map Height/Map Width

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2018, 11:19:45 AM4/17/18
to Open Source CAD
I turned off the statistics and recent events on the Situation screen and set larger values for Map Height and Map Width, but it does not change the height or width of the map on the Sit screen.

It does, however, change the height and width of the map as displayed in the Set Default Map of the configuration settings.

Would it be possible to apply these settings to the Situation Screen map as well?

Thanks
Mark

Roberto Sanglay

Apr 27, 2018, 8:59:55 PM4/27/18
to Open Source CAD
Try and open the same screen on another monitor (different size monitor) and compare if there's a difference in the size of the map on the situation view.

Robert

mdtayl...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2018, 11:06:00 AM4/30/18
to Open Source CAD
No change.

Are you saying that YOU CAN control the size of the map on your situation screen? Am I the only one that cannot?

Mark

David Russell

Jul 10, 2022, 2:56:36 PM7/10/22
to Open Source CAD
Did anyone ever figure this one out?

Lee White

Jul 10, 2022, 3:02:59 PM7/10/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
You can use the scroll wheel on your mouse or you can go into settings and set the default map size and zoom.

David Russell

Jul 10, 2022, 10:45:58 PM7/10/22
to Open Source CAD
That's not what the question is. The original question, and my follow up are asking if anyone has found the correct web page to change the settings for the map size on the situation screen/page. Changing the map size in the edit settings only changes it on the "select default map" page. Í've searched the code in all of the web pages and the map width and height  variables are only user on the map selection page. If I can find how the map size of the situation screen is being controlled I can change it to the variables.

Arnie Shore

Jul 11, 2022, 9:38:46 AM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Working from memory here and not the code, I believe that the map physical size (not the zoom!) is calculated from the screen size and the sizes of the other data that the map competes with display-wise.  So, not subject to direct user/setting control.

The setting is a hangover from a very early Tix version when we showed far less data on the sit screen.

But that's what the 'full screen' button/display can solve.  No?

David Russell

Jul 11, 2022, 10:51:24 AM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Full screen, for me, isn't as useful for a variety of reasons.

I can see it's be calculated in many places, I just haven't been able to pin down which one controls the size on sit_screen.php These types of calculations are all over the php pages, but I've changed quite a few without changing anything.

I did see some references to screen size calculations. Now I need to find them again and look at that further based on what you've mentioned here.

        mapWidth = viewportwidth * .35;
        mapHeight = viewportheight * .50;
        rightcolwidth = outerwidth * .35;
        rightcolheight = outerheight * .75;

Arnie Shore

Jul 11, 2022, 10:57:47 AM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Good luck.  Out of curiosity, what data are you willing to give up?

David Russell

Jul 11, 2022, 11:56:41 AM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
I don't need the statistics and whatever the other table was under the maps. I think it's possible that even though those 2 tables are off in the settings, the php/HTML is still accounting for their space, which is why it won't expand down any more.

.Capture1.PNG

Arnie Shore

Jul 11, 2022, 12:01:12 PM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Statistics and log/event data, the latter showing who is online, as example.

David Russell

Jul 11, 2022, 12:58:50 PM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
I've been running Tickets with the Full Screen open and I think we can make that work. Maybe I'll eventually solve the original plan.

Mark Taylor

Jul 11, 2022, 4:29:33 PM7/11/22
to open-so...@googlegroups.com
My best view is having a second monitor  with the full screen on it, if you have that ability.

Mark

Arnie Shore

Jul 11, 2022, 4:41:09 PM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD

Arnie Shore

Jul 11, 2022, 4:43:36 PM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
That's inherent to a 2-monitor operation.  Which I do, usually using the 2nd one for code diddling.

David Russell

Jul 11, 2022, 5:15:01 PM7/11/22
to Open Source CAD
Yes, that's what I worked with for a bit today. We only have a laptop with 1 external 1920x1080 monitor in our deployments so I was trying to keep it on a single monitor. It's fine at home with 4 monitors :-)