OSF installer on 16.04

Mac Donald

Nov 11, 2016, 8:19:09 PM11/11/16
to Open Semantic Framework
Hi there,

I'm curious if there is a work around for the osf installer on my recently upgraded ubuntu server version 16.04 lts. I'm new to osf, but can see many benefits to using it.

Let me know if there is a way to install this despite having the newer os release.

Thanks,
Mac

Frederick Giasson

Nov 14, 2016, 9:25:25 AM11/14/16
to open-semant...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mac,
No, it should not be an issue. Sometimes with Ubuntu there could be
things that changes that required some tweak in the installer but it is
generally minimal.

Normally the per-distro specificities are added here:

https://github.com/structureddynamics/Open-Semantic-Framework-Installer/tree/3.4/inc/distros

But it is sure that OSF can work on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS it is just the
automatic installer that may require an update.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Fred

Kevin Ilgar

Feb 23, 2018, 9:36:27 AM2/23/18
to Open Semantic Framework
Unfortunately it doesn't support Ubuntu 16. I receive "Option is not supported for this Linux distribution and version" message.

fr...@fgiasson.com

Feb 25, 2018, 8:09:44 PM2/25/18
to open-semant...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately not at this time. What needs to be done is to make sure that the OSF installer properly deploy on 16.04 and then to make it a supported version. If it is not, then specific step for this version needs to be added. If you would like to try to do it, Pull Requests are accepted on the OSF Installer project [1]

[1] https://github.com/structureddynamics/Open-Semantic-Framework-Installer

Thanks,

Fred