FPS varying a lot at Open Roberta - EV3dev

Passos 0213

Aug 3, 2020, 10:19:02 AM8/3/20
to Open Roberta
What influences the Open Roberta Lab's FPS (EV3dev)? In those days I did several tests with two robots, with the option of multiple robots, and the FPS ranged from low to high values. What do I have to do to keep the FPS stable? I realized that it influences programming a lot.

Francisco Iago Lira Passos

boon....@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2020, 5:48:29 AM8/6/20
to Open Roberta
It depends on what's running in the background. For me the FPS are pretty stable with a few robots.
Do the FPS also vary a lot when nothing is running in the background?

Passos 0213

Aug 6, 2020, 10:10:22 AM8/6/20
to Open Roberta
The FPS varies when I try to transmit the Open Roberta Lab page through Google Meet. I found that the FPS interferes with the functioning of the robots. See the videos that were recorded on our Twitch page https://www.twitch.tv/torneiomandacaru

boon....@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2020, 3:36:39 AM8/10/20
to Open Roberta
Video calling is pretty CPU intensive, as is the simulation (depending on the CPU, of course).
If there are any ways to reduce the video quality of the call, that might help to reduce the video compression and thus free some capacity for the simulation.
Unfortunately, there are no settings in the simulation to change the quality or requirements.