Creating obstacles in scenes I create myself

Herb Schilling

Jan 18, 2021, 8:55:46 PM1/18/21
to Open Roberta
Hi,

First, I need to say Open Roberta Lab is great. I am using it for two different STEM outreach activities:

- Teaching rooking FIRST robotics students about the basics of robot programming
- An activity with our local library that is themed around the Mars2020 mission

My question is about making custom scenes. I know how to make graphics that I can upload and use but some of the scenes that come with Open Roberta Lab have obstacles and I would like to have obstacles in my scenes. For example, I would like to make a maze with real walls that the robots have to go around.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

Stefan Sauer

Jan 19, 2021, 6:52:57 AM1/19/21
to Herb Schilling, Open Roberta
Hi Herb,

happy that you like the Open Roberta Lab!

Right now we don't have a solution for defining extra walls in the sim env.. There are some ideas (e.g. pick a color like black for walls), but this needs extra UI in the front-end.

We're discussing some ideas in
https://github.com/OpenRoberta/openroberta-lab/issues/122

Let us know if you have any comments on the ideas mentioned there.

Stefan

XStefan Sauer
Software Engineer
ens...@x.team | x.company
Stefan Sauer | Software Engineer | ens...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Str 33 | 80636 München | Germany
Geschäftsführer: Matthew Scott Sucherman, Paul Terence Manicle
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren Sie den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the right addressee please do not forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail including any attachments. Thanks.

Herbert Schilling

Jan 19, 2021, 10:16:07 PM1/19/21
to ens...@x.team, Open Roberta
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the response !

I will read through the issues later when I have more time.