Congratulations for Open Roberta

Marco Picarella

Jan 25, 2021, 7:29:14 AMJan 25
to Open Roberta

As Herb wrote in the last message, Open Roberta is really GREAT.
I mainly use it to teach kids how to program Lego Mindstorms EV3 robot in a special condition: remotely.
Thanks to my personal collaboration with a researcher from the University of Padua (Italy) during the first lockdown, prof. Michele Moro, we designed a "system" to program a remote robot using Open Roberta Lab. We also created a local server with ORA, using a raspberry Pi 3+.
This way a kid from his home can control a Lego EV3 robot moving in my lab/office, just like NASA technicians control Curiosity; for this reason one of the main tasks I propose my kids is related to Mars mission.
So, thanks a lot for Open Roberta project
Marco Picarella

Beate Jost

Jan 25, 2021, 8:00:25 AMJan 25
to Open Roberta
Thank you so much for your post. It helps us a lot knowing we are on the right track!