Latest Blockly version

Meenakshi Das

Sep 3, 2020, 11:21:18 AM9/3/20
to Open Roberta
Hello,
Hope you are doing well! I am a researcher at Auburn University, USA and I am working on making Open Roberta accessible via Keyboard. The latest version of Blockly comes with Keyboard Navigation, however Open Roberta is not using the latest version of Blockly. Are there any plans to update to the most recent version of Blockly? If not, do you have any recommendations on how we can merge the Keyboard navigation of Blockly into the current Blockly version Open Roberta uses? Doing so will allow Open Roberta to be accessible for individuals with visual impairments.

Thank you so much, I look forward to your response.

Beate Jost

Sep 7, 2020, 5:06:30 AM9/7/20
to Open Roberta
Hello,
thank you very much for your proposal. We are working on using the latest version of blockly, but it will taḱe some time to merge it with develop. Feel free to checkout branch nepo, there you will find a new projekt/folder Nepo, which is our new framework to use Blockly without (or only with some) and update it frequently. We are highly interested in your work and if you later would like to contribute to our project, please join our developer channel in gitter https://gitter.im/openroberta-lab/community
Thank your very much

Meenakshi Das

Sep 8, 2020, 4:19:23 AM9/8/20
to Open Roberta
Thank you so much! This is super helpful! I checked out the Nepo branch.
Do you know when the Nepo branch will be merged with master? I was just curious about the timeline.