Are there issues with using the gyro in Open Roberta?

Herb Schilling

Mar 13, 2021, 4:33:42 PMMar 13
to Open Roberta
Hi,

We would like to use the gyro for our next activity. But the values we are getting are very strange.

Here is the code I am using to view the values coming from the gyro.

OR_gyro.PNG
When I rotate the robot with the gyro attached counterclockwise, the values look reasonable. If I rotate clockwise, the values get really large, very fast.

This does not happen with a similar program written using the EV3 programming app.

It also doesn't happen when using the Port View.

What am I doing wrong?