Support for Jimu and Xiaomi?

po...@wi-wissen.de

Aug 2, 2018, 6:20:48 AM8/2/18
to Open Roberta
We are using Lego EV3 in our School with Roberta Lab. Sometimes it crashes, but most times it wirks very well. But Lego is vry expensive. 400€ per Unit. So I searched a bit and found These products:
https://www.china-gadgets.de/jimu-robots-astrobot-kit-test/ (german)
https://www.china-gadgets.de/test-xiaomi-mitu-roboter/ (german)

The cost under 100€ and are compatbile to Lego-Bricks. I searched a bit and found that this is perfectly legal.
So I would love to see Roberta Lab supporting this Budget Gadgets for replacing expensive Lego.

Sebastian Trella

Aug 2, 2018, 6:26:52 AM8/2/18
to Open Roberta
I have both kits and would not recommend the Xiaomi MITU robots. The parts are compatible to LEGO, but the controller and software are really limited and can't be programmed like the MINDSTORMS system. XIAOMI is not an alternative for MINDSTORMS. The JIMU robots are better, have a nice app and software, but the parts are very different, although compatible to LEGO.

Stefan Sauer

Aug 2, 2018, 7:14:46 AM8/2/18
to sebastia...@gmail.com, Open Roberta
I've found some detail on the JIMU robots in this blog post:

Basically the jimo bot is microcontroller based, more like the NXT rather than the EV3. The biggest disappointment is that the tablet/phone is the brain and sending commands. That is one cannot upload the code, the only mode is remote control.

Stefan Sauer | Software Engineer | ens...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH | Erika-Mann-Str 33 | 80636 München | Germany
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht weiter, informieren Sie den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail und alle Anhänge. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the right addressee please do not forward it, please inform the sender, and please erase this e-mail including any attachments. Thanks.