Arduino Nano Support

alex weller

Oct 7, 2019, 2:24:24 PM10/7/19
to Open Roberta
I would like to implement a project which will be developed for school classes where an arduino nano will be used instead of an arduino uno.
I tried several different nanos and the controllers could be connected to Openroberta, but I couldn't load any code onto the board.
When I used the arduino IDE with the OpenRoberta code, it worked. Even the simplest "blink" program could not be transferred with OpenRoberta.
What could be the error?
What should I change?
Is it possibly a bug of OR?

If someone could help me I would be very grateful.
Best regards,
Alex Weller

Patrick Werner

Oct 8, 2019, 4:56:44 AM10/8/19
to Open Roberta
Hi,

to help you I need some additional information.
As far as I understand you were able to successfully connect all of the Nanos to the Lab using one of our Connector/USB programs.
Which one of these and which version (Info->About) were you using exactly? The connector (https://github.com/OpenRoberta/openroberta-connector) is the most recent and should be used if possible.
What kind of Nano are you using (Genuine/Other)?
Did you have to set up anything else in the Arduino IDE other than selecting the Arduino type?
What operating system are you using?

Regards
Patrick Werner

alex weller

Oct 8, 2019, 8:10:31 AM10/8/19
to Open Roberta
Hi,

When I connect the Arduino to the Arduino IDE I have to select the old bootloader in the Processor menu. If I don't select it, the same thing happens as with openroberta. The arduino flashes briefly but gets no code. My OS is Linux, my OR USB connection is version 3.1, but an acquaintance I communicate with, who has the same problem with the OR USB connection under windows, probably has a newer version, where there is already the extended menu.
Can I choose the bootloader or the processor type under OpenRoberta?

Regards,

Alex

1BB8C78D-0615-431D-ACB3-EFF95C487F5C.png

Patrick Werner

Oct 8, 2019, 10:11:48 AM10/8/19
to Open Roberta
No you currently cannot select the Bootloader. It defaults to the ATmega328P.
We have to think about a solution on how to make this option available to users, without replicating the multiple dropdowns with too many options from Arduino IDE.
We want to keep the Connector as simple as possible.
Could you send me the transfer log of a successful transfer from Arduino IDE?

Regards,
Patrick

alex weller

Feb 16, 2020, 8:24:11 AM2/16/20