GSoC 2018: Standalone Desktop App (Final Evaluation)

Rishabh Deep Singh

Aug 16, 2018, 8:07:23 AM8/16/18
to Open Roberta

Hi everyone,

I am Rishabhdeep Singh, and I am doing Google Summer of Code with Open Roberta Lab this year (2018).

I worked on the project: Open Roberta Standalone app for Desktop and completed it mostly(except few TODO's) by August 14, 2018.

Project: To build a standalone Desktop app for OpenRoberta Lab for Linux and Windows and also made some UI Changes for single-user mode.

I have been allotted Stefan Sauer as my mentors. Under their able mentorship and support of Evgeniya and Beate, I have been able to complete my task for the final evaluation which is of running the Desktop app both on Desktop and Windows.

I have created a gist having all the information about the project. Please see this link to know about the project and how I went out to complete it successfully. Have a look at this video on YouTube as a quick reference for my work.

I have sent the Pull Request for my code of Desktop App to OpenRoberta develop branch. The Desktop app is working fine on both Linux and Windows. In these three months of the GSoC period, I have learned a lot. I can definitely say that I am better at programming now than I was three months ago. I would like to thanks a lot to Stefan and Akshat for helping me learning new things and helping with debugging.

I am looking forward to making more contributions to the project and make the software more user friendly and easy to debug.