About Exposure Loops

TOSHIHITO WATANABE

Jan 30, 2023, 1:38:04 AM1/30/23
to Open PHD Guiding
HI Bruce-san,

I asked Andy-san about the following and he said he would ask Bruce-san about it, but I have not received any response since then.

When I start the exposure loop, a dark star appears as a green circle apart from the guide star, what does this mean?

Looping exposures.png

Best regards,
nabePla

Bruce Waddington

Jan 30, 2023, 8:36:33 PM1/30/23
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

These are “left over” positions of secondary guide stars from the preceding guiding session.  There is a stabilization period after guiding starts before the secondary star positions are re-computed and re-displayed on the screen.  It’s irrelevant to the guiding performance.

Bruce

image001.png

TOSHIHITO WATANABE

Jan 30, 2023, 10:24:55 PM1/30/23