PHD2 shutting down during operation

paul duch

Jan 13, 2022, 2:09:49 PM1/13/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Equipment:
Tracker: SWSA Pro 2i
Guide camera: SVBony SV305 Pro
Guide scope: SVBony SV165 30mm f4 (120mm FL)

I have replaced both cables (ST4 and USB). Checked for updates for USB and camera drivers. Checked prior Devs of PHD2, and the most recent release is the only one that supports SVBony cameras.

PHD2 seems to shut down whenever it wants (usually after looping exposures, selecting star(s), during calibration, and even during guiding). I'm not sure if my Windows11 OS could be the culprit? Log is linked in message.

https://openphdguiding.org/logs/dl/PHD2_logs_VsGU.zip

bw_msgboard

Jan 13, 2022, 3:08:36 PM1/13/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul.  You're not on the most recent release, you're on the 2.6.10 baseline release.  There have been 3 vendor updates to the SVBony SDK since then, so you need to be running the 2.6.10dev3 release.  When you do that, you also need to be sure you're running the latest version of the drivers for your camera model.

Good luck,
Bruce