Error "Telescope is not tracking. sync is only available when tracking!

Peter Gottstein

Jan 29, 2023, 4:09:49 PM1/29/23
to Open PHD Guiding
 I receive may- error readings starting at 2023-01-27.
time was aprox 20-20-12.. it  goes 20;23:11

running the following

PHD2 2.6.11 dev4
APCC PRO V 1.9.67
NINA version 2.1.1.3002

Best

peter
20230127-140416-2.1.1.3002.9236.log
20230127-040007-2.1.1.3002.8024.log
20230127-135955-2.1.1.3002.6796.log

Bryan

Jan 29, 2023, 5:11:29 PM1/29/23
to Open PHD Guiding
Peter

These are the NINA logs.  You can provide the PHD2 logs be following the instructions at the top of the forum...How to Ask for Help.

Bryan

Bruce Waddington

Jan 29, 2023, 9:43:10 PM1/29/23
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

As Bryan said, these are NINA logs and they don’t appear to cover the time period you’re talking about.  The messages aren’t coming from PHD2 – PHD2 pays no attention to tracking, has no code to turn it on or off, and never synchs the scope.  I think it’s more likely the messages are coming from the ASCOM mount driver but the real question will be why tracking was disabled and what application disabled it.  One possibility is that you hit a meridian limit setting of some kind that the imaging app (NINA) wasn’t aware of.  I’m willing to help you analyze log files from these other applications but you will need to post the correct ones for the situation you encountered.  Automated imaging is a fairly complex process so over time you will probably get the hang of knowing what apps are generating messages, where their log files are stored, and how to look at the logs to at least identify the “simple” problems.

Regards,

Bruce