Runaway RA, PHD2 and MyT mount

star...@gmail.com

May 16, 2021, 2:27:00 AM5/16/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Just wondering if anyone has experienced this. Using PHD2 and SB MyT mount. On the east side the guiding is ok but doing a meridian flip to the west side, the RA skews off. phd2-ra.png

bw_msgboard

May 16, 2021, 10:19:25 AM5/16/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

We can’t do anything with screen-shots.  If you post your guide log, we can probably help you figure out what happened.

https://openphdguiding.org/getting-help/

Bruce

image002.gif

star...@gmail.com

May 16, 2021, 7:08:54 PM5/16/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi Bruce - I didn't have the log file, I am trying to help a friend. I have the debug log now though. I'm attaching it. Thanks!
PHD2_DebugLog_2021-05-11_210352.txt

star...@gmail.com

May 16, 2021, 7:09:29 PM5/16/21
to Open PHD Guiding
And this is the guidelog.

star...@gmail.com

May 16, 2021, 7:10:44 PM5/16/21
to Open PHD Guiding
PHD2_GuideLog_2021-05-11_210352.txt

bw_msgboard

May 16, 2021, 10:11:59 PM5/16/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

For whatever reason, the mount driver isn’t reporting side-of-pier.  That means PHD2 can’t know when you’ve done a meridian flip and therefore can’t adjust the calibration data.  I’m not aware of anyone else having this problem but I think there has been a lot of recent turmoil with SB software.  The driver *is* reporting RA and Dec pointing positions but not side-of-pier.  One question is whether you’ve chosen the correct mount type in the TSX setup dialog – if it isn’t set to ‘German Equatorial’, you wouldn’t get side-of-pier values.  To head off another potential problem down the road, the PHD2 parameter for ‘Reverse Dec after meridian flip’ must be set for SB mounts but that’s not the cause of your current run-away RA guiding.

Hope you can get it resolved.