screen gamma brightness

michael_...@yahoo.com

Jul 13, 2024, 10:25:14 PM (12 days ago) Jul 13
to Open PHD Guiding
I cannot get the screen gamma dark no matter where I place the slider. I have a new Lodestar camera connected to my Edge 11HD via an OAG. This is a totally new problem. Please advise. Thanks in advance.
Michael

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Jul 14, 2024, 12:30:14 AM (12 days ago) Jul 14
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

The likely reason is that there are no usable stars in the field of view.  That can be because you haven’t focused the guide camera properly, the OAG isn’t correctly illuminating the camera sensor, or there are no actual stars in the field of view – any or all of the above.  Of course, this also assumes you are working at night and pointing to a part of the sky that should have stars.  Take some exposures with PHD2, and use the File/Save menu to save them to disk.  Then open them in an image editing application and see what you’ve got.

Regards,

Bruce

David Ridge

Jul 15, 2024, 1:57:33 AM (11 days ago) Jul 15
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Focus issue?