Dark library failing. I believe it sees my older library. How do I delete a previous library?

M S

Aug 8, 2022, 1:05:16 AM8/8/22
to Open PHD Guiding
40F815D4-A787-469C-A392-C4BA9A1DD3F0.jpegMy dark library gets to 4.5 seconds and the fails.  Please see photo.  How do I fix this?

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Aug 8, 2022, 1:51:21 AM8/8/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

This is most likely a problem with your camera driver version.  But of course, you haven’t sent us any log files so I don’t even know what camera you’re using.  In any case, you need to be sure your camera drivers are current – the camera vendors keep churning them so you have to keep updating even though you’re probably still using the same camera as always.  The problem you’re having has nothing to do with the existing dark library, it’s a problem with the driver handling darks of particular durations.

https://openphdguiding.org/getting-help/

Regards,

Bruce

Aug 8, 2022, 12:18:33 PM8/8/22
to Open PHD Guiding
Actually the camera is not the problem. I am able to guide with it.  I had the problem before and I had to delete the old library for some reason.  I am not sure where to find the old library in the files.

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Aug 8, 2022, 1:21:12 PM8/8/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

Let me say again, this is a known problem with the camera-related software, probably a mismatch between the SDK used by PHD2 and the version of your camera drivers.  You are getting a communication timeout with the camera, nothing to do with the dark library itself. When you are guiding with the camera, you aren’t taking dark frames and you probably aren’t taking exposures of 4.5 – 5 seconds.  If you will post your log files, I can probably be more specific.  Otherwise, there’s nothing further I can tell you.

Brian Valente

Aug 8, 2022, 1:23:33 PM8/8/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
>>> probably a mismatch between the SDK used by PHD2 and the version of your camera drivers.

if that's the case, you can try updating your ZWO camera drivers (available on the ZWO website) - it's worth updating both the driver and the ascom

M S

Aug 8, 2022, 5:18:07 PM8/8/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Ok guys I am idiot.  I was using the Ascom ASI camera setting instead of the ZWO camera setting.  Once I change it and connected back up it worked.

Thank you for your help!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Open PHD Guiding" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-phd-guiding/001e01d8ab4b%24405c5740%24c11505c0%24%40earthlink.net.