Manual Wrong? Can't Drift Align W/o connected mount?

2Brain Poker

Aug 1, 2022, 12:46:55 PM8/1/22
to Open PHD Guiding
In the direction, it says u don't have to connect a mount. Only the camera. But when I hit Align, it asks to connect to both a camera and a mount, or else it doesn't work. Is the manual wrong?

Thanks.

Brian Valente

Aug 1, 2022, 1:27:17 PM8/1/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Which polar alignment procedure are you using?

I recommended SPA. Drift align requires you to have a valid PHD2 calibration prior to using, so that is not going to work in your circumstance