Updated PHD2 and my Meade drivers for DSI II guide camera disappeared

eyedoc1000

Jul 25, 2024, 6:27:42 PM (10 hours ago) Jul 25
to Open PHD Guiding
Been out of touch for quite awhile and have recently had a few opportunities to get out in the observatory. One of the task I tried to accomplish last night was upgrading all my software, including PHD2. Now I wish I didn't upgrade it, it was working fine, and not it's broke! My mount is an Astro Physics 100 (sweet mount), main main imaging camera is QSI 600 series with built in guide port on which I've had a Meade DSI II for several years. All have worked perfectly until I upgraded PHD2. When I went in to connect all the equipment the DSI was gone, disappeared. It was just there moments before the upgrade. What the heck happened and how do I fix it?

Thanks,
Steve

Bruce Waddington

Jul 25, 2024, 8:03:02 PM (8 hours ago) Jul 25
to Open PHD Guiding
Here are the release notes for 2.6.13dev1:

v2.6.13dev1 27 December 2023
  • Windows: remove cameras with obsolete SDKs: Fishcamp, Meade-DSI, SAC4-2, SSAG. To use these cameras, stick with an older version of PHD2.
  • Mac: no longer building for 32-bit Macs. To use 32-bit Macs, stick with an older version of PHD2.
  • INDI: update to INDI 2.0
  • Touptek cameras: update SDK lib to version 55.24239.20231224
These cameras are nearly 20 years old, the original Meade company is long, long gone, their original software development kit can't be used in current-day development environments, and they never produced an ASCOM driver for the camera.  If you can't justify getting a better guide camera, you can stay on the 2.6.13 baseline release of PHD2 but you won't be able to upgrade beyond that.

Regards,
Bruce