Connexion Problem with PHD2 and 2 ZWO Cameras

franksn...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2021, 7:39:46 PM8/26/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi There,

I've a problem with a ZWO ASI 120mm Mini and ZWO ASI 294MC PRO so as I've both cameras connectec PHD2 doesn't know how to choose the right camera for guiding. I use the 120mm Mini for guiding and PHD2 show me 3 options:

ASI CAMERA (1) (ASCOM)
ASI CAMERA (2) (ASCOM)
ZWO ASI Camera (Native Driver)

Unfortunatelly, It doesn't matter which one I choose, so PHD2 allways will choose the ZWO ASI 294MC PRO despite the first configuration was made with the ZWO ASI 120mm Mini and no Configuration/Profile exists for the ASI 294MC Pro.

In order to be sure that all was working fine with Windows 10, I try to see the Control Panel in order to Double check that Both cameras were there and, Yes, the two cameras were detected and connected without problems.

Any Idea? The only way to get the 120mm Mini working is to connect ASI 120mm Mini only until all is working in PHD2 and after this, I can connect (Plug the USB Cable to the PC) and use it with ATP or N.I.N.A., Maxim,.... ETc.

Anyone could help me please? Is anyway to get both cameras connected and working since I turn-on the PC without Unplug and Plug cables?

Thanks B4hand all you for your Help

Frank

Jim Pollard

Aug 26, 2021, 9:05:48 PM8/26/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Don't use the ASCOM drivers.
Use the ZWO ASI native drivers.
That's what I do and don't have any problems with my 533 120 mini combo.

Jim

jhart

Aug 26, 2021, 9:45:53 PM8/26/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Jim is correct.  After the ZWO guide camera profile is set up (in my case the ASI290MM mini), it can be selected instead of the ASI294 with the forked arrow icon in the Connect Equipment window. I use the ZWO native drivers instead of ASCOM. The only glitch is that when running the Wizard to create a profile for ASI290, the ASI294 must not be connected.  If the ASI294 is connected via USB, the Wizard will only grab the ASI294 and use it in the Wizard.

franksn...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2021, 5:27:11 AM8/28/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Well, I'll try again and I'll delete the current profle in order to Build a newone. To be honest I did the same that did. Just a question. Do you've both cameras conneted to a USB HUB or ASIAIR, or you've connected each camera to a diferent USB Port on your PC?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
Frank

franksn...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2021, 7:14:11 AM8/28/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Well, I've tried as related by Jim & Jhart, I've built a new profile and apparently all is working Fine now. Really thanks to both for your help with this!!! Now I hope to get clear SKies and Shoot without Stops!!!!

Best Regards!!!!
Frank