Comments

Wes Atchison

Jan 17, 2022, 8:58:43 AM1/17/22
to Open PHD Guiding
I have been a user of PHD2 since 2013 and before that PHD since 2006.  I would like to thank all those who developed this great application.  I admire the support that is provided by the developers and users.   It is a shame such support cannot be provided for products one has to purchase.  I have asked a few questions on the group over the years and the response has been great informative and very useful in resolving my problems.  I guess I am a gluten for punishment for I read most threads trying to garner any assistance on better ways to use my imaging setup and improve guiding.  There is a lot of information available to subscribers on this group.

I recently noticed that the header at the top of the home page that tells one about the group and how to ask questions has grown so long that it must be scrolled to see all the very important information.  This maybe only true on my laptop so the problem maybe mine only.  I would suggest that the Important link on how to provide information to the group be move so it show up without scrolling.  Maybe this would catch the eye of people so they could better provide information to analyze their problem.

Again, I would like to thank those who develop, maintain and support PHD2.  You guys have the patience of Job ad you certainly are not paid enough for you time and efforts in support of PHD2 users and astroimagers around the world.

Thank You,

Wes

bw_msgboard

Jan 17, 2022, 7:07:26 PM1/17/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wes.  Thanks for the very kind words, they're much appreciated.  I hadn't noticed the problem with the heading info on the forum, partly because I mostly interact by e-mal.  But I think you're right, the precious space there wasn't being used very effectively.  Unfortunately, Google doesn't seem to provide any tools for changing the layout so we're left with trying to pack the most important things at the top.  I've taken a stab at doing that but I'm open to suggestion if there are better ways to do it.  I think one of the things that is overlooked is the value of the search engine on the forum.  So many of the questions that are posed have been answered before and the forum has become a pretty useful repository of tips and solutions.  It's at least a logical place to start before posting a new problem or question.

Thanks again for your comments and your long tenure as a PHD2 user.

Bruce

Jan 18, 2022, 6:35:21 AM1/18/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
I can only echo the words of Wes. I sometimes use your example with the IT team of the company where I work... you are the benchmark!

Alberto Di Stazio

Miguel Gutiérrez Páez

Jan 18, 2022, 6:49:39 AM1/18/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to join in the congrats to the team. I'm not a very active user but keep on reading. That's enough to realize the effort and time PHD2 team invests disinterestedly in the project. Not only we have to complain about bugs. It's time to appreciate the good job done. We should do this more often. Very thankful from my side.

Miguel

Henry McFly

Jan 19, 2022, 12:18:22 PM1/19/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone had guiding problems on a long exposure from a satellite passing through the field of view? Specially as the number of bright low earth orbit sattelites are being sent up there.

bw_msgboard

Jan 19, 2022, 12:48:31 PM1/19/22
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Alberto.  I'll bet the IT guys love that!  <lol>

Bruce