Correction on the manual

Felipe Mendes

Jul 16, 2024, 11:54:44 AM (10 days ago) Jul 16
to Open PHD Guiding
How can one contribute with corrections to the manual?

On the manual for 2.6.13, page 13 it reads:

" As a starting point, try using exposure durations in the range of one to three seconds. If you want to de-select a star without choosing another one, you can do a shift-click anywhere on the image display window."

This was driving me crazy, the camera view would show circles where I once selected a star, and I couldn't remove. Looked into the manual and found the above. However shift-click didn't do a thing; ctrl-click removed the selection.

I can correct the manual (and proof read it again), although I don't know if I have tools to re-create the PDF.

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Jul 16, 2024, 12:07:40 PM (10 days ago) Jul 16
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

We’re not going to try to deal with wholesale edits to the documentation.  Whenever that’s been tried in the past by well-meaning users, we have ended up with a mess and a great deal of wasted time.  For example, shift-click on the display window de-selects the primary star as it should.  Ctrl-click creates a bookmark.  If you want to make contributions to the manual and are convinced they are accurate, you can e-mail them, one at a time, to me via private e-mail at bw underscore msg01 at earthlink dot net.

Regards,

Bruce