Auto exposure and settings

omega.c...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 4:44:47 AM9/12/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Dear All,

it is not clear to me which are the setting that act on the search of a suitable guide star when the exposure is set to auto (my favourite mode so far).

Thank you very much!
Nicola

bw_msgboard

Sep 12, 2021, 2:37:58 PM9/12/21
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com
The various controls that affect star selection are explained in the manual:

The relevant controls on the camera tab are Min and Max exposures times, Target SNR, and Star Saturation Detection

The relevant controls on the guiding tab are Minimum Star HFD, Use Multiple Stars, and Minimum star SNR for AutoFind

Regards,
Bruce