PhD2 on Mac fails to run - claims an instance already exists?

Gary Spiers

Apr 26, 2017, 1:14:02 AM4/26/17
to Open PHD Guiding
I've been using PhD for a long time and finally decided to try PhD2. Downloaded the latest version (v2.6.3) 5 minutes ago and when I try to run it I get the following error message:

"PHD2 instance 1 is already running. Use the -i INSTANCE_NUM command-line option to start a different instance."

Machine is a MacBook Pro running Sierra 10.12.4.

A look through running processes does not show PHD2 listed. tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail?

Thanks
Gary

Andy Galasso

Apr 26, 2017, 1:27:35 AM4/26/17
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi Gary,

This is a known bug (#485), sorry you ran into it. Luckily, there is an easy workaround -- you can just remove the file phd2.1 in your Home folder, then start phd2.

Andy

Gary Spiers

Apr 26, 2017, 1:32:32 AM4/26/17
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi Andy,

That works.

Many thanks for the extremely prompt reply.

Gary