PHD2 + Stellar Cat - Dob-mounted 20-inch scope - can I do it?

Dave Cotterell

Sep 13, 2021, 3:30:22 PM9/13/21
to Open PHD Guiding
I haven't even received the telescope yet but I anticipate that if I can sort out a methodology to get PHD2 to work with an Alt-Az mount I will have some success with Sharpcap 'stack-on-the-fly' imaging...

I appeal to those who have tried this.....

Thanks

Dave

Brian Valente

Sep 13, 2021, 3:35:18 PM9/13/21
to Open PHD Guiding
Hi Dave

technically you could get PHD working, but your alt az mount imaging will suffer from field rotation

Brian

Brian Valente