Problem with calibration.

andylb...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2023, 3:55:40 PM1/16/23
to Open PHD Guiding
I am using phd2 via astrophotography tool, green swamp server, cartes du ciel , software with no issues as normal tonight.
All slews ok, platesove etc ok.
But in phd2 , although it will guide ok with the old calibration settings, if i try and do a new calibration, the guide star does not move, and i get a ‘guide star has not moved’ message.
Any ideas?
I have had no issues with my setup and used phd2  for more than two years using green swamp server and current setup.

Stumped!

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Jan 16, 2023, 4:23:12 PM1/16/23
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

The problem is that you’re using a configuration that doesn’t make any sense because you’ve specified an ‘aux-mount’ connection.  You don’t need that, you’re trying to use both the GS server and EQMOD at the same time.  So the best way forward is to re-run the new-profile-wizard and start fresh, being careful to specify the correct focal length, camera binning, and mount guide speed.  It looks like the mount is configured to guide at 0.6x sidereal, so use that value.  Just specify the GS ASCOM server as your mount connection and leave the aux-mount connection unspecified.  In fact, I don’t think the wizard will allow the combination you have so I don’t know how you got into this mess.  The specific problem is that PHD2 has gotten conflicting information from the two mount drivers at some point and has adjusted the calibration step-size to a huge value, too large for the GS server to accept.

Good luck,

Bruce

andylb...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2023, 4:52:46 PM1/16/23
to Open PHD Guiding
Thank you Bruce, I have no idea how its done it at all.
It was fine last time out a week ago.
I’ll do as you suggest and feedback , thanks for your help.

andylb...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2023, 7:50:14 PM1/16/23
to Open PHD Guiding
That worked straight off.
Thanks very much indeed Bruce.

bw_m...@earthlink.net

Jan 16, 2023, 10:06:02 PM1/16/23
to open-phd...@googlegroups.com

No problem, glad you’re back in business.